Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new Cell phone Motorola V551

A friend of mine got the same one a few weeks back and youc an use wav files as ringtones (i gotta RTFM to figure out how).

Anyway, I thought "Yai Yai" would be a fun ring to have (it may as well be good for something)

Anybody else have interesting rings on their cell?

~K

·
Registered
229 Posts
by editing mp3's onto my phone my ring tone is now JUICE!

And the text message tone is the harmony taping bit from the reaper :p

Pete

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
welshpete said:
by editing mp3's onto my phone my ring tone is now JUICE!

And the text message tone is the harmony taping bit from the reaper :p

Pete
MP3 editing is the way to go

I have the intro to "Raspberry Jam Delta V" for calls and the end of Extreme's "Play with me" for SMS's

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
There are various MP3 editors available as freeware

Then you can transfer to your phone by Bluetooth, USB cable, or some phones have a memory card

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I had the beginning of Fire Garden Suite on my Nokia 3210, which was nice - made the red LEDs stand out when someone called on parties with no mobile hiding...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
my phone, n6230, has 512MB and uses full mp3s as ringtones, so no editing necessary.

When certain friends call I get "Love Blood", Business calls get "The Mighty Turtle Head" finally my alarm for this week is "The Extremist" (was "Train of Consequences")

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm just having a hard time saying the word 'dongle' without laughing.

if/when i do get the required cable, i think i'm going to use the beginning of building the church all the way thru the stop. I think it's about 30-40 seconds. It kinda sounds like a phone ring anyway :)

~K

·
Registered
229 Posts
microdmitry said:
I think "Juice" would make a MEAN ringtone.
Abso-bloody -lutely

Works a treat - it's also sufficiently loud that you can't miss it.....and NOBODY else reaches for their mobile!

As for GLC - good choice....I was in school with P Xain....various cats will remain in their bags for the time being...

Pete

·
Registered
31 Posts
www.sprintusers.com, for all of you, well, sprint users

They have a program that will convert mp3 to gcd (my phone needs to have a gcd file). Also, they have a page where you can send the files to your phone, for those of you who don't have the USB cable or a memory card. I just edited some mp3z and now I have the solo from "Erotomania" and "The Animal" as ringtones. :) However, low notes hardly make any sound at all. The only thing that seemed to come out well was voice and solos. I would say anything below G3 (G in the third octave, not the album) is going to sound like crap, so its kinda tough finding a song that sounds good.

Oh yeah, you gotta use another program to edit your mp3z. I think someone else also posted one, I personally used Soundforge, which unfortunately isn't free. Good luck....

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've been using Yai Yai for my ringtone for a couple of weeks now. i love it - it comes out well thru the little speaker.

If anybody here is on Cingular and wants it, Pm me you cell # and i'll send it over :)
Your phone must be able to play sound files.

~K

1 - 20 of 36 Posts