Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Amazon.com has been known to have incorrect release dates before, but based on Vai's own progress reports, and the amount of work that went into it, I wouldn't be surprised if that was at least close to true.

Still waiting for official word to get my hopes up though :lol:

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Re: 21st october Vai DVD release date!!

mginty said:
For some reason its not been announced on Vai.com
With all due respect to vai.com and its wonderfully talented webmasters... um... yeah.

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts

Petie said:
mginty said:
With all due respect to vai.com and its wonderfully talented webmasters... um... yeah.
Mikey doesnt only do the website...

he is from Sydney btw :wink:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Hopefully, that's accurate and it doesn't get delayed.

I am more than psyched since both the Vai DVD and the Rush DVD 'Rush in Rio' will potentially both be released on the same day!! And of course my birthday is 4 days later so it kinda syncs up pretty well ;)

-Ben

·
Premium Member
343 Posts

Petie said:
mginty said:
Not quite sure what you're saying here.

There's nothing on the site about it *yet*.. because I've just finsihed working on the DVD. In fact, I'm approving packaging and disc label proofs as I type this ;).

There *will* be something on Vai.com shortly. Amazon jumped the gun. Much of the info they have listed is incorrect.

The DVD approx running time is actually 4 hours. It will be released on Favored Nations, not Sony.

It will be encoded for ALL regions, not only Region 1. It will be released in the UK in PAL format.

Oh, and it will be available at G3 shows before it hits the stores...

Stay tuned to Vai.com for more.

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

MM said:
Petie said:
mginty said:

There's nothing on the site about it *yet*.. because I've just finsihed working on the DVD. In fact, I'm approving packaging and disc label proofs as I type this ;).

There *will* be something on Vai.com shortly. Amazon jumped the gun. Much of the info they have listed is incorrect.

The DVD approx running time is actually 4 hours. It will be released on Favored Nations, not Sony.

It will be encoded for ALL regions, not only Region 1. It will be released in the UK in PAL format.

Stay tuned to Vai.com for more.

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com
haha! I was hoping you'd make a post here mikey.

You rock. :)

·
Registered
3,155 Posts

Like I said, no disrespect, because I love the site, and I know you must have a lot to do (as does Mr Vai) but I sort of wish the site was updated a bit more often, with more in-progress album updates, tour rehearsals, diaries, stuff like that. My favourite artist sites are the ones you can check and see something new every week or couple of days.

Congrats on finishing the DVD! Perhaps it'd be cool to have some kind of 'behind the scenes' piece on the site where you talk about what is required to make a music DVD, how you did it, etc. I'm sure more and more bands, signed or otherwise, would love a bit of info on this sort of stuff, and see how it applies to an artist and thier vision rather than being purely technical. It could almost be an educational sort of piece which could give people pointers on doing their own, while also being an extra cool bit of PR for the Vai DVD.

MM said:
Petie said:
mginty said:

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I do apprecite the feedback.

I update the site when there are things to update ;)

If there aren't any updates in a while, it's usually because I'm working on something... Like the DVD, or the Mothership site.. or a bunch of other little things.

I think you'll be happy when the G3 tour is happening... lots will be happening on the site.

Peace,

Mikey
vai.com

·
Registered
453 Posts
Cool! Might get to see myself in the third row, shortly before I got pushed back to the fourth row, and then the fifth row by several Swedish death metal headbangers!

Still, those rock chicks at the front...yummy. :D

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
MM said:
I do apprecite the feedback.

I update the site when there are things to update ;)
Hehe, yeah I know what you mean, I get told off for not updating my own website but I haven't done anything of interest since March *LOL*

Hey, I'm a bit of a Star Wars geek, and they're always updating with stories on the filmmaking process, not just about Star Wars itself but film in general, using Star Wars as an example. Perhaps it would be cool to do a series of stories on vai.com about writing, tracking, engineering, overdubbing, Pro Tools, mixing, mastering, artwork, PR, touring, all drawing on Mr Vai's knowledge and experience but applicable to anyone. Just a thought. Maybe one topic per month, perhaps with video or audio. Could be cool, and draw people to the site with an interest in music production who never would have thought to surf on over to vai.com before.

- Petie

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
4 hours! 8O *overdose*

Oughta prime my pump for the November 12th show a bit! (Got my tix in the mail the other day...)

·
Registered
54 Posts

MM said:
Might want to qualify that with "it will be available at some G3 shows..."

No DVD at the Phoenix G3 show last night. :(

Bill

1 - 20 of 82 Posts