Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does Vai attach his picks to the headstock?? and can i leave it on for long periods of time? it looked like a cool idea and i want to try it

i can tell its velcro but i dont know exactly how its used

·
Registered
696 Posts
It's actually just a plastic wedge stuck on with velcro. It was an idea his tech, Thomas Nordegg had and he uses velcro at every given opportunity.

Two good pics:

I'm not exactly sure what the plastic material is, but I'm told plastic clips for binding report papers work well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I read somewhere that it is a section of a Mic Stand pick holder strip.

If I recall correctly it was the Real Illusions featurette

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yes, that is correct. The office binding bars are what he uses. I was tipped off to this by Thomas himself a few years ago. Now all of my guitars are equipped with these, as well as my amp heads and keyboard. If you chop them right in half, they fit perfectly on an Ibanez or Jackson headstock. Some more extreme headstocks may require a different fit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bumped into a guy on ebay selling some kind of kit or something for this sorta thing in the Pick holder section.
Here you all go if you are interested.
cgi(dot)ebay(dot)com/Headstock-Guitar-Pick-Holder-Vai-Style-/150540777674?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item230cedf8ca#ht_500wt_1156

1 - 6 of 6 Posts