Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I (like so many others) play the highland bagpipes. I've been playing for about 4 years now. Late last year, being a huge Vai fan, I transcribed a version of his 'Whispering a Prayer' on the pipes. It sounded well and is suited to the instrument as Steve wrote it with that celtic sort of style in mind.

It was only today I actually got round to recording it using my trusty minidisc player. I got it on to the pc and uploaded it to Audio Street for all to hear!

The site I hosted it on (Audio Street) re-encoded it at a lower quailty and as a result there is a faint crackling sound in the recording. If any one wants the full quailty version I'll be happy to send it to them.

As well as 'Whispering' I also recorded another Vai song I have transcribed on the pipes! The less famous 'Feathers'. It sounds quite well but it is not as suited to the bagpipes as 'Whispering'.

Please tell me what you think and contact me if you want the full quailty versions and any information you want I would be very happy to answer.

http://www.audiostreet.net/stuarthiggins

Thanks

·
Registered
535 Posts
Haha, cool man very nice :)

The only thing is, that if you play 'whispering a prayer' the 'swell' of the notes is very important IMO. Maybe it's impossible to do with the bagpipes?

Good to see clips with other instruments than geetar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.