Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start it's an MKR, yes these come up for sale but not like mine.

Totally unmarked and totally unplayed since 1990.

Original case, straps and all candy and totally unmarked, no pitting to any chrome. Still original strings!

It does have a lovely swirl as well unlike most MKR's!

Excuse the poor photo it was taken about 10 or more years ago..!

Any ideas?

·
Registered
645 Posts
I'd say maybe 1000 bucks, but I can cut ya a deal and give you 2000 for it right now!!!!:wink:

But seriously, thing's awesome man!

There's people on here who know way more about the market than I do, and I'm sure could give you a proper estimate. That being said, I'd guess you could probably get around 4k for it, perhaps more because you have a nice collector package. Maybe you could list it high/OBO somewhere and see what people offer for it.

Would love to see more pics also if you get the chance!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will get some more pictures.
I'd definitely not let it go for 4K (I'm assuming you meant dollars? I'm from the UK)

The cheapest one I can see at the moment is nearly that and is very played without any of the original stuff.

·
Vendor
26,551 Posts
You should have taken a new picture of the face because the decade old shot is not cutting it, but from that shot it's quite mediocre as most MKR's are. I'd say $4500 is about the end of the rainbow and that's because3 the case is worth $400 and it's a nice package, but the swirl is still what matters most.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Don,
What condition was yours in? With the dollar being so poor at the moment I think we'd struggle getting one here now!

·
Vendor
26,551 Posts
Looks better than the decade old shot, but still pretty middle road for a swirl. There are some really good MKR's, and even then in the US the MKR will always play second fiddle. To the rest of the world where ATD's were never available you may find a buyer that feels different.

$3750

·
Registered
129 Posts
I really like it!!!
I don't like it when people get so caught up with things so trivial as the debate of adt vs mkr.
If you like it, you like it. both are great guitars and iam sure yours plays stunning.
I think sometimes we loose site of things and start worrying too much what other people think.
If The guitar speaks to you, then that's all that matters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dan,
I am trying to email you but your jemsite inbox has exceeded the number of emails you can store. Please delete some emails and let me know so I can email you back. Thanks Dave

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't care if it's an MKR or not, that's a nice one! I wish I had the money and the room for it, because I'd still love an MC... I would say that your best bet would be to put it up on Reverb, and set it at $5000...

I say $5k because Rich gave an example of a MKR UV77MC he had in primo shape with the case for $3750 back in 2016, and I'm sure these have only gained value since then... If you choose to ship it, you'd have to figure out packing and shipping costs to various locations in the world, but you can also keep it local too...

Either way, good luck trying to flip it... Im honestly surprised you still have it...

·
Vendor
26,551 Posts
Times have seriously changed, I still don't like the swirl but these days, stick 10k on it with make offer, and if it is NIB, SHOW the box and the labels on the box, it's worth $'s these days to have a package that complete.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts