Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, the time has come. Despite the fact that I probably should know this, it is one of those issues that is so simple that you never find out the answer. :D

So here it is. I'm about to set the intonation on a six-stud tremolo bridge. It is built for only very subtle movement and therefore intonation is set the same as a hardtail bridge.

I know that the guitar must be tuned to pitch to CHECK intonation, but once it is checked and I know which way the saddle needs to go, do I move the saddle with the guitar still tuned to pitch, or will that result in stress on the saddle/strings?

I know it's a very very VERY noobish question but I never found out the answer. :D

This is going to be a very short thread. :D

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
on my squier strat (same bridge as yours) i tune it up perfectly, check the intonation on say the A string and then just move the saddle where it needs to go. obviously if you move the saddle back the string goes sharp so it puts pressure on it, but it's nowhere near enough to break it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks heaps for the quick reply, Homebake. I know it's a dumb question to ask but I decided to ask anyway. :D

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts