Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a Super Wizard neck tonight for my BMC project. Herc is going to swirl the headstock since I did not have a neck when I bought it from him.

My question, with the swirled headstock and body, I was thinking either going with a blue and abalone vine, Multicolor dots or a pyramids.

I have a UV777BK with pyramids and love them but since I have the pyramid thing covered, I thought about going with a vine or dots.

Thoughts?

here's the body (again) :)

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gonna be Rosewood so i dont think the blue can be dark, lighter would look good.

Honestly, I love the look of pyramids. Just dont want to overdo it I guess.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
I'd go with pyramids. I don't particularly care for the blue vine on the 7VBSL because it doesn't stand out very well. On the pyramids, I'd go for solid color like all the production guitars. Other than the abalone inlays on the black guitars, I really don't care for the odd plastic swirly ones a lot of people use.

Edit:

Like this one

·
Registered
965 Posts
definately blue pyramids. You can't argue with that picture that Takin a Ride posted. My god it's beautiful.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This was the guitar that made me want a BMC. That guitar!!!!!!!!! I saved so many pics of that guitar!!!! :)

After seeing it again. I'm thinking pyramids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd go with pyramids. I don't particularly care for the blue vine on the 7VBSL because it doesn't stand out very well. On the pyramids, I'd go for solid color like all the production guitars. Other than the abalone inlays on the black guitars, I really don't care for the odd plastic swirly ones a lot of people use.

Edit:

Like this one

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
PYRAMIDS.
you gotta do pyramids, it will make the guitar come together bro. Blue, light blue, and white, thats the way to go.youll probably have the best custom jem ive ever seen by the end result.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Pyramids all the way...Everybody has vine inlays and blue vines on rosewood = kinda ugly. Pyramids or a blue/abalone + pearloid DNA strand. That last one is just a thought....

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Personally, I'd use MOP pyramids like Takin' said...... the blue ones on Simons BMC get lost. Plus, you don't want to have an exact duplicate of his guitar.........

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Personally, I'd use MOP pyramids like Takin' said...... the blue ones on Simons BMC get lost. Plus, you don't want to have an exact duplicate of his guitar.........
I dont?? :)

I think my swirl ended up very much different than Simons but to be honest, there is only so much you can do. My headstock will be swirled to match the body. We are thinking 2 blues and a silver for the pyramids.

Definetely going pyramids thoughs. I think I wanted the older Jems just for the pyramids.

Thanks guys!!

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
I agree that your swirl is very different (and MUCH nicer IMO) from Simons.....

I guess I'd have to see what the colors your talking about look like, but I just (humbly) think that a nice set of bright MOP pyramids would really "set off" a dark rosewood/ebony board.

Either way that you go, it will be STUNNING!! you have a real winner on your hands there man!!! I really can't wait to see the end results!!!

I dont?? :)

I think my swirl ended up very much different than Simons but to be honest, there is only so much you can do. My headstock will be swirled to match the body. We are thinking 2 blues and a silver for the pyramids.

Definetely going pyramids thoughs. I think I wanted the older Jems just for the pyramids.

Thanks guys!!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts