Ibanez JEM Forum banner

41 - 60 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
PerKr said:
how do you go about making these virtual jems?
Well, you take some 3D modeling or CAD software and start measuring your JEM. Then you make some textures and such and render it. It's not as simple as it sounds ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
I really dig these - especially the inlay. But I don't like the way you criss-crossed them in the pictures and made some larger and some smaller. Standalone detailed pictures of each guitar would be great! I would love to see the details of these beautiful creations.

Keep it up, can't wait to see more.

Gabe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
PekkaM said:
PerKr said:
how do you go about making these virtual jems?
Well, you take some 3D modeling or CAD software and start measuring your JEM. Then you make some textures and such and render it. It's not as simple as it sounds ;)
yee, lots of work - but it's great funn and I just love it :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
I Just noticed the change to the The Lo Pro Edge loop, simply AWSOM! I just wish Ibanez took suggestions so easily!

Loop, PekkaM , this goes beyond simple talent. You guys rock! You need to go into business together; "Two Dudes`virtual guitar shop" ;) Thanks for sharing.

BTW, are we at 101 Jems yet? Still chomping at the bit to get my hands on that 3D model!

8) LJ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
Patrick Deno said:
Loop, PekkaM , this goes beyond simple talent. You guys rock! You need to go into business together; "Two Dudes`virtual guitar shop" ;) Thanks for sharing.
Thanks dude but I'm just trying to write my master's thesis on some process automation stuff and grab a few real guitars while at it ;)

BTW, real pro's work looks more like this: http://www.liquid-arts.de/gallery/strat-01.htm
Wish I could do something like that (even though it's a Fender :lol:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Ignorance - find it here at the bottom of the page http://jemsite.com/origin/index.htm

Patrick - I am on 73. right now.

Pekkam - you want to push me to my limits 8)
with those beautiful Strats 8O ? OK, no problemo man,
just check new jem pic in a few days. :wink:

the|loop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
loop said:
Pekkam - you want to push me to my limits 8)
with those beautiful Strats 8O ? OK, no problemo man,
just check new jem pic in a few days. :wink:
Yeah, when you got to HDRI etc., it takes a few days to render ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,629 Posts
I think it looks great, almost can't tell the difference from a real Jem, except, the headstock looks straight up in that one, not tilted back ;) none-the-less, you rock!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
HOLY $%"**@!

DUDE! That is fantastic, I love the inlay, it's absolutely wicked! :p 8O :p 8O :p 8O :p Just out of interest, where did you get the heiroglyphics from, if they wern't your own? They look awesome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
littlegreenman said:
...except, the headstock looks straight up in that one, not tilted back...
It is tilted back all right - it's the camera angle and the wide lenses that
tricks the eye, :wink:, just like in real life.

TOTALY happy you like it. :D
 
41 - 60 of 289 Posts
Top