Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been searching for a new wah pedal and was wondering about what everyone uses, if they use one. i had my old trusty Bad Horsie, but after 3 years of hard abuse, its fizzled out and i dont want to pay to get it repaired, itd be easier and not that much more expensive to get a new wah pedal anyways. heres what ive been looking at...

Bad Horsie 2 - havent found one in stores yet, want to try it out
Buddha Bud-wah - great sound but expensive, and no switchless feature
Fulltone Full Clyde - see above except even more expensive
Crybaby 95q - nice price and switchless, but its a crybaby, and i just dont trust them.
Bad Horsie - had one for 3 years, kinda want to try something new, but i know this works well.

·
Registered
177 Posts
no reasons not to trust the cry baby's.
I have used two over the past 6 years (the 1st was stollen) and not one problem, for me, its a really great wah

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive just had a bad experience with them. 3 years ago before i got my bad horsie, i had a 535q that sounded good, but the construction was shotty and the jack never seemed to be totally solid and eventually the connection was shot. took it back, same thing happened with the new one. never had a single problem with my morley. tehy sound good tho.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Morley Mark Tremonti (agressive!!!)
Dimebag Darell signature CryBaby (nice one too)

I've played a lot of different Wah's the last 2 years, but still none of em will replace my Bad Horsie I....

·
Registered
448 Posts
Buy good, although them might be expensive. You'll thank yourself later.

What's the use of getting crappy gear and them getting rid of it a bit later anyway?

Btw, Crybabys suck tone like leeches. Hateful.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I tend to really freakin hate wah wah pedals. But sometimes they can be a very important addition to a guitar solo. Especially John Petrucci's stuff. I play a f*ckin regular crybaby.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I would rather not play a wah at all then play one that isnt true bypass. The way a vox or crybaby changes the sound when thier off is unmistakable and always bad. Plus I dont think they sound anywere in the same league as a Fulltone or a Teese. Teese is thought to be the best. All I know is that Fulltone and teese are great but a Teese standard is a bit cheaper then the Fulltone. I agree that spending a little more now is the better way to go. If your gonna do Budda I really think youd should, instead, get a Vox (which is very similiar sounding) and install a fulltone true bypass switch.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I was never huge on wah wah. I had a Morley Power Wah Fuzz from the 80's and it sort of sucked. But I got a Bad Horsie 2 for free from Morley and I really like it! Not because this is Jemsite or anything. Or because it was free(maybe a little). The wah is really pronounced. The switchless feature is pure gold. The Bad Horsie isn't true bypass but it's not a sound sucker when it's off like I've heard about Crybaby's.

·
Vendor
26,379 Posts
I've got 3

"Original" Crybaby
Thomas International Crybaby
Bad Horsie

The Thomas is the one that gets used. Sweet, warm, TONE!! ;)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Dan D Mahnn said:
If your gonna do Budda I really think youd should, instead, get a Vox (which is very similiar sounding) and install a fulltone true bypass switch.
can this switch be installed on any wha like say, a bad horsie 2 or teese or fulltone?
what exactly is it?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I totally hate the Morley stuff, I think the optical nature loses warmth. But that's just me.

I really like Crybaby stuff, but I think my next one will be a higher quality one, like a Fulltone or Teese.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Teese and fulltone are true bypass. You can install a fulltone or carling switch in a crybaby or vox. Its probably the most common mod done to those wahs.

·
Registered
201 Posts
i get a great sound from my vox v847, no reliability problems either(had it for about 5 or 6 years). It isnt true bypass but it does sound good.
They do a true bypass moddel v848 or something i think.

you should go and try as many as you can because tone is ALLWAYS subjective. What one person likes might sound like **** too another.
Get what sounds good to you

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Dan D Mahnn said:
Teese and fulltone are true bypass. You can install a fulltone or carling switch in a crybaby or vox. Its probably the most common mod done to those wahs.
:oops: i knew that but for some reason i didn't think

can it be done to a bad horsie though? seeing as it's switchless?
i guess... not?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Nope.

If you're on a budget, I'd go for a used Crybaby and mod it with a DPDT switch. Actually, I have a DPDT switch around, I guess I just need a cheap Crybaby... hmm, time to heat up the soldering iron! :lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts