Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to college soon, and taking 3 of my guitars (RG7421, RG565, SZ720). I only have a hardshell case for one of them (RG7421), so I can just stick that under my bed.

However, I need wallhangers for the other two, but I can't drill into the walls.

Do any exist that are just adhesives of some sort, or is that just not feasable?

Are there any other options?

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
I would advise against using wall hangers. They do save space, but you are putting stress on the neck, especially if the guitar has a heavy body.

·
JEM Winner #2
1,375 Posts
If you're living in a dorm room I would invest in hard shell cases. Too many clumsy people (LIKE ME!) out there that could fall on or damage your guitar hanging on the wall.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the issue I have with 3 hard cases is space.

Two people to a 14x14 foot room, and 3 hsc guitars = not gonna work well. That's why I thought wallhangers would be best. They're up and out of the way (the rooms are VERY tall, easily could be out of falling-on distance).

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
ok here is the answer..

which one do you dislike the most.. Now I ask this for a reason. Leave it behind, when you get holiday/breaks you go home and will have a new fondness for it.. Since you havent seen it in a while..

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That also really isn't an option for me at this point...

At least, not one I can accept. The 7421 I need, because it's a 7 string and has an Evo in the bridge.. The 565 I need, because it has EMGs and is locked into standard. The SZ720 I need because it's a fixed 6 for rock music, not metal (I plan to throw some PAF Pros into it very soon).

Each one serves a specific purpose. I'm cutting back as it is, ditching my amp (traded my Peavey Ultra Plus head) and getting a PODXT Live, for headphone use only.

This kind of sucks :(

·
Registered
408 Posts
Obviously, it's a trade off, guitars for space, can't have all of both. Take everyone's advice, and get some HSC's for those babes, and keep em stacked up to save space. If 3 wont fit under the bed, swap space and store something else under the bed. Bottom line, you WILL need protection for your axes, you'll thank yourself later.

My recommendation, find a female to help you arrange. Girls can do some amazing, truly wonderous things with a dorm room. ;)

Good luck. \00/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts