Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Send an email to [email protected] with the specs you would like to see in a future model. They are a great company that makes great guitars for 1/5 the price of their rivals! I sent an email with these specs:

Superstrat / Soloist shape
Alder body
Solid color paint job (Neon preferably)
HSH Config
Ebony board
Original or Schaller Floyd

Send them an email and you might get what you want!

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
It'd be good to see decent Floyd bridges on them. The cheapo Floyd copies put me off buying a guitar like an Agile, which I understand helps to keep the costs down, but I think more people would be interested if they had Schaller, Ping, or Gotoh, etc. More sales, but a small rise in price maybe.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I would definitly like better tremolos, if they do put better trems on them I might just buy a 7 string Agile ;) also they are a korean company right? if so how do they compare to their japanese rivals? (ibanez, esp, blah blah) Also it would be nice to see some more pieces of wood on those necks ;) (especially the beast 7 string necks)

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
I know what you're saying but idk some cheaper guitars just feel nice, you know? I mean even paul gilbert sometimes whips out his $50 guitars
Still, 5? I've been guitly of it too in the past. I used to have a bunch of Epiphone Les Paul clones, then I realized I could sell all of them and have the real thing, which was what I wanted all the long. If AGiles are his thing, thats cool, but it doesnt make sense to me.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Still, 5? I've been guitly of it too in the past. I used to have a bunch of Epiphone Les Paul clones, then I realized I could sell all of them and have the real thing, which was what I wanted all the long. If AGiles are his thing, thats cool, but it doesnt make sense to me.
true 5 is a little much, I would get 1 and maybeeee 2 if I ever felt the need but not 5, I'd get like some 27 fret guitars instead ;)

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
if they do put better trems on them I might just buy a 7 string Agile ;) also they are a korean company right? if so how do they compare to their japanese rivals? (ibanez, esp, blah blah) Also it would be nice to see some more pieces of wood on those necks ;)
Yep, I'd be tempted to go for a 7-string Agile if it had a better trem. I hate long scale lengths, though. Last time I looked the only desirable 7 had a 27 inch scale or something.

Comparing Japanese workmanship to Korean, it's pretty much no contest for most guitar makers. The better luthiers are in Japan, and having never seen an Agile in the flesh I can't honestly comment on the quality, but I've read a few off-putting stories about bad QC. We just have to bear in mind that these are inexpensive guitars and that's what you get. I think most likely you're probably not gonna get one that's totally killer out the box, they probably need some fret-end finishing, at least.

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Damn gear snobs! :)

What's good is that they are actively taking an interest in what the customer wants. This has always been one of their good points, they listen closely and really try to deliver. For that, I applaud them, and I hope they can become a better company and maximise quality while keeping prices within reach of the average guy on the street.

·
Super Moderator
9,700 Posts
Damn gear snobs! :)
Since when is that a negative thing? ;)

Their shop is just up the road from me in New Jersey, and I'd wager I've played more Agiles than anyone on this site. Frankly, I don't need a 'halfway' or 'pretty decent' $300 guitar, as I already have a few actually good guitars. A decent cheap guitar serves no purpose to me at all, unless I'm on a lake in a canoe and someone has dropped an oar.
What Agile is good for is the beginner. You're better off buying your kid an Agile Precision Bass than a Fender to start on; that sort of thing. Other than that, I personally have no use for these things at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts