Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
RG 550, PGM 300, S5470, RS315,
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned the body of a S5470 body and hardware for some time now.
I only play maple fingerboard necks and have always wanted a S series particularly the black Japan only release S5470M and wanted to kinda copy it.

However, finding a 24 fret 25.5 scale S series neck has been a massive challenge so far.
After hitting up the usual sources (Rich, evil bay etc) on and off I'm still no closer to getting my hands on one.
So I thought id ask on here and see if I might just get lucky.
If not an S series neck then a similar spec RG neck would also be of interest.
Cheers Chris

·
Registered
219 Posts

Here's a 93 maple neck for an S series.
Don't know if you need locking nut or not tho

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@KennyV
Big thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately it's a 22 fret and I'm needing a 24 fret neck :s

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm starting to think a 24 fret RG neck and a luthier to adjust it to fit the s series body might be the best way forward with this project. Finding an s series neck is looking pretty unlikely I'm afraid.
...... saying that the neck description says 25.5 scale so not sure. It might work I'll have to look into it more maybe.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm starting to think a 24 fret RG neck and a luthier to adjust it to fit the s series body might be the best way forward with this project. Finding an s series neck is looking pretty unlikely I'm afraid.
Do you need a locking nut or just the normal plastic nut?

I'm seeing a few rg necks that don't have a locking nut between reverb and the bay

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It'd have to be a locking nut as zr tremolo on the body.
It shouldn't be crazy difficult to grab a 24 fret RG neck they pop up fairly often. I was just hoping I might get super lucky and find a prestige one to match the body.

·
Registered
219 Posts
What year is the body?

I'm assuming since it's a zr maybe early 2000s?

Also, are you sure the body is spaced for 24 frets? I gave away a zr s series guitar to a coworker not long ago and it was only 22

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That 22 fret neck may actually work I've checked the specs of it Vs the spec the neck that was originally in it. But without actually buying it and putting it into the body and measuring it's hard to tell if it would work plus I'd prefer 24 frets tbh.

It's a 2009 s5470 prestige body the original neck would be a 24 fret wizard prestige neck as far as I'm aware.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts