Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an earlier thread I posted about a problem with a hum in my recently acquired PGM90th (link). Rich did not recognise the 5 way switch in my guitar as an original ibanez switch. I contacted the previous owner and he contacted the owner before that. He said he got it new and did not replace anything and the previous owner also says he did not change anything. So just to be absolutely certain I'd like to see a picture of the switch of another PGM90th.

If you are the owner of a PGM90th and would like to help me out, please post a pic. Thanks alot!

·
Vendor
26,700 Posts
I retract everything I said. Thanks for stepping up Ed, I knew you had one that wasn't toyed with. Now to figure out why they used that instead of the VLX91, I'm clueless there. But it's good to get that settled. So OP it looks like you do have an original switch.

I wish the database was complete and didn't just start at 2000.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I forget the pup config for each of the positions of the 5 way switch other than it was unique. I think position 3 is bridge and neck hums? Maybe this is why this particular switch was used.

·
Vendor
26,700 Posts
I doubt there's any switching the 24 pole 91 can manage, but I doubt we'll ever find out the reason.
just good to know the original switch was not a 91. This is the first I've seen Fujigen not use it for a multi pole installation. Sugi on the other hand uses whatever they feel like so you have no idea what Sugi uses in half their production.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.