Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the idea looking through the site and decided to scrap the idea of buying an rg7321 and instead make my own custom strat (i chose a strat body cause they are so damn good lookin'.) It's gonna end up looking kind of like Vai's green meanie thing.
Here's the body i just ordered:
http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_...subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0&finish_filter=99
With a white pickguard and a floyd rose i think it will be super sexy

·
Registered
864 Posts
Cause there is so much good stuff there it isnt even funny. Spending 5 minutes there I can come up with 5 new tempting projects.

Good choice on color man, that will be sweet.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Because you'll end up spending your kid's inheritance on Spalted Maple chambered bodies and Birds Eye Maple 24 fret custom radiussed Strat necks with Stainless Steel frets ....... and other stuff .........

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Cause there is so much good stuff there it isnt even funny. Spending 5 minutes there I can come up with 5 new tempting projects.

Good choice on color man, that will be sweet.
Hmmm - yes, I avoid the Warmoth site these days for that very reason - like a kid with no self control is a VERY LARGE candy shop!

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have built a Warmoth Strat and it's great but it would be *greater* if they could get a license to produce Ibanez AANJ necks and bodies. *Then* I would be a kid in a very large candy store; bodies of any kind of wood, quilted maple tops, etc. Dreaming....

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
errr... i dont get it, they paint the bodys before routing for bridges, or thats just for the pic? :?

anyway, be sure to post pics of the whole process, should be fun :D

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
errr... i dont get it, they paint the bodys before routing for bridges, or thats just for the pic? :?

anyway, be sure to post pics of the whole process, should be fun :D
That's just the pic. I'm gonna put an OFR in for that old school look and I know it's a good trem. as far as the neck, I'm not sure cause I did some research on the warmoth site and they are not offering fret finishing and leveling at the moment, so... maybe a carvin neck?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
*cough* *green meanie replica* *cough* *please* *cough*

Just a little hint of what i think you should do!

By this i mean get down to scraping the cutaway, finding some stickers, and all the beat marks and even the hand carved lion's claw.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Pretty awesome man, that body looks great. Lol Ive been tryin so hard to find a green strat and didnt even think of Warmoth. Looks promising. So your goin maple board on this one?

Ot, pretty ironic, I have 1 Alcatrazz song among the thousands that play at random on my Itunes. Not 2 seconds after hitting the link and seeing the strat do I hear the opening riffs to God Blessed Video (and you know which guitar Stevie had in that video, well mainly...).

"No F*ckin way" It was pretty cool, and freaky. Mostly cool, cause that song rocks.

Good luck on the axe. ;)

\00/

1 - 20 of 23 Posts