Jem Ibanez Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

are here watchfreaks?i have since a few weeks a cool watch.i like it a lot!
i see everybody with watches and reconize the brands and types.
and its fun!what kind of watches do you have or like?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Used to be...had some pretty high dollar stuff. Oddly enough, since July of last year I haven't worn a watch. I guess you could say I became a minimalist! :)

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
I just got a very nice 4th generation Citizen EcoDrive, that's radio controlled by the US atomic clock. I like it a lot. It gets more wear time these days than my old Air King, which is saying a lot.

·
Registered
394 Posts
watches are pretty cool
some people say that by looking at a man's watch you can tell more about him than for say... his car, clothing or hair.

i believe the same is true for guitars.

I have a mid 90's rolex gmt red/white that i received for graduating.
I've only worn it once...
Because the day after graduation i bought myself a emporio armani meccanic squareface with a croco band..... it's so cool to watch a self winding watch from the back...

my watches really lie about me.....

·
Registered
394 Posts
i hear you on the minamalist thing.....

if you want to adhere to being myserious, wear two swatch's of completely different styles's....maybe that fits better for multi personality disorders and stuff.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a gmt bicollour! cool! i like that one very much.
i like the sea-dweller the most....vintage,quality,sportive.
and a older one isnt that pricy at the moment ;)

i thought the jemsite guys like cool guitars maybe cool watches too..
boys toys.......girls....guitars....cars....watches?
what do you wear?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Love watches almost as much as guitars. haha Can't afford both thought.
I have 2 Seiko kinetic auto relays, a eco drive Citizen, a Rolex Day/Date and a chinese made automatic.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
not much of a watch freak but I have a few "high-end" ones that were family gifts...
I've been wearing this frequently:

Tag Heuer Hakkinen Limited Ed: 1**/2000

I also have another Tag chronograph but not as "slick" as this one and I think the battery died. I also have Burberry watch that I haven't worn as it's too damn fancy for me... would work with a really fancy date at a really fancy place :p
Personally, I prefer Swatch or those oddball Japanese watches like this one I got from bammbamm a while back:

watches are pretty cool
some people say that by looking at a man's watch you can tell more about him than for say... his car, clothing or hair.
If that is true, then I guess i'm an oddball since I like gimmicky watches as well as classy/fancy watches... and bright neon colored guitars hahaha :)

Reg

·
Registered
394 Posts
nice one's Jbane!

I don't think i could ever feel right buying a super nice watch such as a Bentley Breitling 28k... I'd be thinking....damn i could buy a zemaitis or a collection of rare jem's or idk alot!

awful huh?

If someone see's your first watch jbane.... they'll probably think "pilot"

if the whole watch thing is a female trap..... im gonna go find a hello kitty digital any minute now..... "how cute"

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
definitely agree with ya... I don't see myself dishing out a mortgage for a diamond-studded/gold plated watch but i'll dish out a car payment for a fancy Swatch with Picasso-style graphics hah :)
I did a search on the value of that Ltd Tag a while back (which i've had for 10+ years) and it somewhat ranges from a used VWH to a new J-Custom, depending on the condition... Knowing that, I don't wear it when i'm around "da 'hood"... especially when I know what I'm wearing in my wrist is nearly the same price as 3 - 4 of my guitars :\
pilot eh? more like a pilot who can't find the landing gear shift cause I still haven't figured out how 2 of the other chronographs work! :p
As for the female trap thing... if she knows what brand it is and knows it's value, she's definitely high-maintenance :)

Reg

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
not much of a watch freak but I have a few "high-end" ones that were family gifts...
I've been wearing this frequently:

Tag Heuer Hakkinen Limited Ed: 129/2000

I also have another Tag chronograph but not as "slick" as this one and I think the battery died. I also have Burberry watch that I haven't worn as it's too damn fancy for me... would work with a really fancy date at a really fancy place :p
Personally, I prefer Swatch or those oddball Japanese watches like this one I got from bammbamm a while back:

If that is true, then I guess i'm an oddball since I like gimmicky watches as well as classy/fancy watches... and bright neon colored guitars hahaha :)

Reg
Still enjoying the Shinshoku?
Awesome, it's a great watch, I just wish it fit me.
I'm down to some plain ole watches.
A Citizen, a St. Moritz Titanium diver, and my Movado.
I really want a U-Boat watch, but I don't really wanna drop the 2500-3600 for that watch.
The next best thing is the Welder K-24. You can find 'em for under a G-note, which is still a tough sell for me, but very do-able.
http://www.watchuseek.com/site/welder_k24_shop.htm

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i hope to see more cool pictures......watches and guitars??(i know girls and ibanez are better but ..)

·
Banned
2,575 Posts
im not into wearing watches,always forget to put them back on after bath.ive got a skagen millenium countdown watch,not exactly a rolex but still worth around £500

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I admire some of the super high end watches I see in magazines. Some of them are really a work of art. I would never buy one but I can see the attraction.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Still enjoying the Shinshoku?
Awesome, it's a great watch, I just wish it fit me.
http://www.watchuseek.com/site/welder_k24_shop.htm
It's still great... it definitely gets the ladies' attention when I go to art galleries or "clubbing", makes a nice ice-breaker convo :) i think the battery died out though... and i'm too lazy to fiddle with the internal's of a watch - not as fun as setting up an Edge. So it's in case for the meantime...

Reg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts