Ibanez JEM Forum banner

**watch freaks? **

6K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  brianxtr 
#1 ·
hello

are here watchfreaks?i have since a few weeks a cool watch.i like it a lot!
i see everybody with watches and reconize the brands and types.
and its fun!what kind of watches do you have or like?

#4 ·
watches are pretty cool
some people say that by looking at a man's watch you can tell more about him than for say... his car, clothing or hair.

i believe the same is true for guitars.

I have a mid 90's rolex gmt red/white that i received for graduating.
I've only worn it once...
Because the day after graduation i bought myself a emporio armani meccanic squareface with a croco band..... it's so cool to watch a self winding watch from the back...

my watches really lie about me.....

#7 ·
a gmt bicollour! cool! i like that one very much.
i like the sea-dweller the most....vintage,quality,sportive.
and a older one isnt that pricy at the moment ;)

i thought the jemsite guys like cool guitars maybe cool watches too..
boys toys.......girls....guitars....cars....watches?
what do you wear?

#10 ·
nice one's Jbane!

I don't think i could ever feel right buying a super nice watch such as a Bentley Breitling 28k... I'd be thinking....damn i could buy a zemaitis or a collection of rare jem's or idk alot!

awful huh?

If someone see's your first watch jbane.... they'll probably think "pilot"

if the whole watch thing is a female trap..... im gonna go find a hello kitty digital any minute now..... "how cute"

#11 ·
definitely agree with ya... I don't see myself dishing out a mortgage for a diamond-studded/gold plated watch but i'll dish out a car payment for a fancy Swatch with Picasso-style graphics hah :)
I did a search on the value of that Ltd Tag a while back (which i've had for 10+ years) and it somewhat ranges from a used VWH to a new J-Custom, depending on the condition... Knowing that, I don't wear it when i'm around "da 'hood"... especially when I know what I'm wearing in my wrist is nearly the same price as 3 - 4 of my guitars :\
pilot eh? more like a pilot who can't find the landing gear shift cause I still haven't figured out how 2 of the other chronographs work! :p
As for the female trap thing... if she knows what brand it is and knows it's value, she's definitely high-maintenance :)

Reg

#21 ·
I bought my $39 everyday watch in April of 2004 because I was going on a fishing trip and needed an alarm clock. It's beat to crap due to daily wear over the past 5 years. It's similar to the '09 model pictured below, but mine is so nasty looking I couldn't bear posting pics in public.

I promised myself that I'd buy a new watch as soon as the original factory battery died, but it's been keeping perfect time for 5 years now. The buttons are so old that I have to use channel lock pliers to switch to Daylight Savings Time. I'd run it over with my truck, but that would be bad karma and would probably cause me to have a flat tire down the road. ;)

Takes a licking and keeps on ticking...

#22 ·
cheap ones work also good isnt it?first i thougt expencive watches are for snobs.but years later i saw the beautiness of them.just the classic models not the bling bling things.even when they are real i have the mtv clips fake things in mind.i dont like diamons and gold...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.