Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this gold lo pro for about 109.00 and I've been talking to the seller, it's supposed to be shipped off today, he said I could get a refund if I wanted to but I'd have to pay return shipping, he listed it as
"
GOLD Ibanez Lo Pro Edge, In fairly good condition. has some slight wear, IMPOSSIBLE To photograph due to finish ( camera wont pick apart chrome vs gold). has some slight scratching, but overall compared to a NEW off the shelf one Id call it a 7/10 cosmetically. Knife edges actually show NO wear what-so-ever. "

Here's a pic: http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5004/dscn0392l.jpg

The saddles don't look right for an ibanez lo pro edge though. I thought the screws were gold and the end of the saddle more slanted like angular towards the end of the bridge.

Does anyone know what's up?

·
Vendor
26,699 Posts
You'd need a picture of the complete trem to tell for sure, but those are either replaced FR saddles or the whole trem is counterfeit.

Snip...........

I can see the dip in the plate on the edges, it's absolutely a Chinese counterfeit.

·
Vendor
26,699 Posts
The back where it shows the single "Ibanez" in the center of the tail which gives it away as counterfeit, and which is what you should have spotted.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Ibanez-Lo-Pro-Edge-gold-GOOD-condition-No-Reserve-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqF,!nsE9fWp-1+fBPghTui(Qg~~60_58.JPG

·
Vendor
26,699 Posts
Experts see through these things, normal buyers don't catch some details. The saddles threw you into question though which should have made you compare closer.

No worries, but no doubt you'll have to eat return shipping.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
I wouldn't accept eating the return postage costs... as a buyer you have some power over this.. Id push the the seller to pay for the return postage.. its an illegal product and you shouldnt' have to pay anything for being duped...

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Go ahead and try that with Paypal and see how far you get.............
Forget paypal... ask the seller to pay for it..

I always pay for any returns I get, because if the seller cares about continuing their ebay sales, they will easily fork out the extra few bucks to pay for postage returns, to ensure no negative feedbacks and possibly him reporting the seller as selling illegal copies.. etc...

Iv forced sellers to pay for return postage and I do it for returns myself..

Its not that far fetched an idea...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.