Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy at one forum is selling a RG370,and claims it's Made in Japan.After inspecting the guitar everything appears to be Korean,TRS 505 tremolo,non marked pickups (as it should) except for the serial..F6**..etc. I suspected that someone put 5XX neck on the 370 body ,but there's a stamp on the neck that says 370 i n the neck pocket.
Ever seen such thing?

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Sounds like he's trying to pull a fast one. The 370's are all Korean or Indo made. I think the serial number is suggesting it's Fuji Gen made in 1996? Got any pics of it Toca?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like he's trying to pull a fast one. The 370's are all Korean made. I think the serial number is suggesting it's Fuji Gen made in 1986? Got any pics of it Toca?
Jep here's some pics.I'm not inerested in buying it since i mostly play JEM ,but the add got my attention cause of this..s/n F610020

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
The serial number is fake as I think is the guitar. Where are the Sharktooth inlays for a start? If the F6 on the back were genuine it would mean that it was made in Fuji Gen in 1996 but a CE on the back contradicts this as that means it was made in 1997 onwards.

·
Vendor
26,313 Posts
Looks legit. Nothing amazes me anymore. Could have been a sample or they might have done a short run, who knows. Looks legit though.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
there is RG 370 made in Japan at that time ( 96-97).
this guitar is a real one.

thesedays, you know 370 has sharktooth and bound fingerboard.. yes.. but please be noted : it has 'DX' on it...

oh yeah.. just saw one more time stamp at the body : RG 370B...
my 96-97 catalog says anything with 'B' on it is made of resoncast.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
wait a minute! look at the tremolo. is it single locking one?
I'm pretty sure it's single locking tremolo.
if so, it's RG 270B.
I have catalogue can confirm it's either Rg270B or 370B.

monday i'll post the cataloge scan.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Oh snap! good catch, didn't see the ball ends in the bridge, thought it was just a TRS. So its a 270B, they probably just stamped 370 on the neck since they were interchangeable, only difference was the bridge. And as suspected it was a Japan only model I guess.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
i worked on a friend's RG250B, it's Japan but with all-Korean features (TRS, bad pickups etc) but i confirm it's not Resoncast. it rather looks like ash? check the pics:

you can see the wood grain along the cavity "walls":

who knows...

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
i worked on a friend's RG250B, it's Japan but with all-Korean features (TRS, bad pickups etc) but i confirm it's not Resoncast. it rather looks like ash? .
Thanks for adding even more weird into this thread. Neck says 02 but neck pocket had 05 written in it? It has 250 stamped on it, but it doesn't have the single locking or the resoncast body? W T F.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts