Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today is the first day of NAMM over in Cali. I didn't get to go but i was wondering if anyone knows if there are any new jems? I am going to be buying one soon and don't want to buy a 7v to find out there is something cool thats out soon. Feedback greatly appreciated guys! Thanks

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I dont think there are any new jems, i remember reading somewhere on this forum that there was nothing new released, not even an anniverssary model (apparently this year was some sort of anniversary). The ibanez site doesn't have anything new either, and I think it was updated...oh well...there's always next year :(

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
um, given that the chap who's name they bear still seems to play VWHs and BRMRs it would seem unlikely that Ibanez would pull a rabbit out of their b*tts this year....... given the state of EVO, maybe they should follow the Fender Custom Shop's lead and do a VWH "relic".........

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Rich will surely post tonight any news he gets, just like he does EVERY year - be patient and all will be answered by weekends end.
i went to NAMM last year and couldn't make it this year. i had soo much fun - i felt like a kid in a candy store with all that amazing gear and all those awesome artists everywhere you looked.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
at least they didn't pull something off the current line up (changed look of the RG3120 quite a bit - i really like both new versions). not that it would hurt my feeling on the BRMR if it wasn't back this year. anyone that was serious about getting one probably already has it. doesn't seem like it would be a big used market reseller due to the nature of the top IMO.
where in the world did the rumor of the DBK coming back originate? i would LIKE to think that it wasn't the pic of a 555 that was mistaken for the DBK?
2006 lineup = YAWN. yet it seems they are still raising their prices. WTF?

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
screamndemon69 said:
2006 lineup = YAWN. yet it seems they are still raising their prices. WTF?
Yep - and WHERE is the Jem 20th:MAD: ???

i WAS really looking forward to the anniversary models!

50k and 20th - hopefully next year. Just more time to save money:D

Good to see you back again Demon...tis been a while;)

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
JJEMMER777 said:
Yep - and WHERE is the Jem 20th:MAD: ???

i WAS really looking forward to the anniversary models!

50k and 20th - hopefully next year. Just more time to save money:D

Good to see you back again Demon...tis been a while;)
thanks for the kind words and i am glad to have a little more free time to be a contributing member of the forum. :) i hope to actually contribute $ and be a REAL contributing member before long.
i guess we'll have to wait and see about the summer NAMM if they will pull something out that could be fresh for us Ibanez snobs. if they do put something out in the summer it would still be this year but i think '87 was the first year for Jems so next year might be the actual 20th.
i was looking forward to another Jem this year myself. i have a custom, 7VWH (Elvis) and a 777VBK (Blackie). i suppose i'll be looking into possibly a Floral or a 7VSBL or possibly another 7DBK to replace the one i traded away a year ago.
at least they didn't piss off us Ibanez snobs and move production to Korea. that would have been a fatal mistake for them IMHO. i'm thankful for that.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
JJEMMER777 said:
Yes sir - besides a Jem without an amp is like a rocket with no fuel;)
My amp is perfect half of the time. The other half of the time its like playing through a microwave or something. Might go for a Cornford. I want Guthrie Govan's tone sooo bad. Well I want EJ's tone more, but thats never going to happen.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
screamndemon69 said:
Elvis hasn't changed. custom is referring to my mahogany body custom Jem style that Frank Falbo built.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v334/...FF/?action=view&current=GuitarMiscPics288.jpg
and here:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v334/...FF/?action=view&current=GuitarMiscPics009.jpg
i need to update and get new pics as i have downsized greatly since last summer - not by choice :(
i would like to drop a white Evo II in Elvis if they make it in white though.
Very nice.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Tom Gilroy said:
My amp is perfect half of the time. The other half of the time its like playing through a microwave or something. Might go for a Cornford. I want Guthrie Govan's tone sooo bad. Well I want EJ's tone more, but thats never going to happen.
Cornfords are BAD!! I was introduced to them at the International Guitar Festal in England. Jimi Savage / Jamie Humphries / Vinne Morre all swear by them and I see why. Sweet amps for sure!

Oh..and your still quite young and started early. Never say Never Tom. I have faith in you;)

Tom Gilroy said:
Very nice.
Indeed Demon;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.