Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, just wondering if any of you guys have been frustrated, well like you've been listening to umm i'll say michael angelo, steve vai or yngwie and then you just imagining yourself playing their songs, and well after several attempts, now you starting to think that you couldnt do it ( you're not at their level yet ).. what do you guys do afterward? would you just give up on guitar? hehe thats what i did 2 yrs ago..

any of you guys want to share some stories here??

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Bad decisiobn my man, i couldn't play master of puppets my first mothes on guitar now after 3 years its a piece of cake! If you get frustrated try easier songs, don't try playing speed kills at your first years, play AWWMAWWY or Starry night, somethign easy so you keep going. Thats what i'm doing.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Of course I have been frustrated, but I havn't ever given up. The point of guitar is to enjoy it, not be the best in the world; although, that may help. ;)
Just like life, it's not going to be a walk in the park. If you throw in the towel in the face of friction or difficulty, then all I have to say is good luck.
Practice makes perfect which means it takes time and effort. No, you won't be the next MAB after a year or two, but if you work at it, you could eventually title a song "Michael Angelo Can't Touch This". ;)

Be optimistic. That's my philosophy.

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
Yes ...frustration is always there... the thing is how do you go against that frustration.... And don't learn song which is too hard first , save them for later, go for the easy ones first.... then work your way through

·
Registered
881 Posts
try listening to someone else. if you listen to MAB and yngwie all day, speed is probably going to be too big of a priority. i'm definitely not saying that you should never listen to them again, i just think broadening your influences is always a good thing.
also, everyone has a few cheesy songs that they love and are fairly simple to play; those would definitely bring the enjoyment back to your playing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.