Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to know if it’s normal for a brand new ultra lite bar is really difficult to put into its spot. It’s requires me to really push it down hard to the point it’s not even snapping into place. I’m afraid to push it in even more. I also notice if I spin the bar it seems like it’s loosening the slot the bar goes into. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
That normal for any new edge trem arm/trem arm bushings. They make them a little chunkier now. I just installed a brand new lo pro and I had to push so hard it felt like I was going to break my guitar lol. That was 3 weeks ago. Feels pretty decent now. It just needs to break in. And that will happen every time you replace the bushings too. As for the slot... Or arm holder, it could be loose but you would feel that while using the bar too. If you see the holder rotating or something... Then that's a problem.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That normal for any new edge trem arm/trem arm bushings. They make them a little chunkier now. I just installed a brand new lo pro and I had to push so hard it felt like I was going to break my guitar lol. That was 3 weeks ago. Feels pretty decent now. It just needs to break in. And that will happen every time you replace the bushings too. As for the slot... Or arm holder, it could be loose but you would feel that while using the bar too. If you see the holder rotating or something... Then that's a problem.
So yes the arm holder does rotate when you rotate the bar one way and if you go the opposite it tightens and doesn’t spin. I’m assuming it’s because the bushings are so new that it’s spinning it. I tested it with the arm from my JPM100 that has worn bushings. When I spin the arm the slot doesn’t move. I’m just thinking it’s just brand new tight like you said.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
it's funny how removing an edge bridge on any of my guitars is a pretty basic task... But if I had one of those JS1CR guitars I'd be so paranoid I'd scratch it! Is the finish even buffable on those?... is it cleared in anyway? How does that work? I know OCDemon mentioned he had a couple of his guitars chromed that were cleared as well, but I am not sure if that is how Ibanez does it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it's funny how removing an edge bridge on any of my guitars is a pretty basic task... But if I had one of those JS1CR guitars I'd be so paranoid I'd scratch it! Is the finish even buffable on those?... is it cleared in anyway? How does that work? I know OCDemon mentioned he had a couple of his guitars chromed that were cleared as well, but I am not sure if that is how Ibanez does it.
Yes I’m paranoid as well to do anything with it. I just got it last week so I’m a little bummed that the trem arm socket might be loose. I’ll figure it out. I do play it. It’s not gonna go in the case however Because of the finish I do maintain it like a queen after I play it. From what I understand it has some sort of a clear wrap the self heals with little nicks and stuff. I assume it’s kind of the same thing you put on a car to protect it. Those also self heal. Took me years to get one. I’ve always wanted one since the early 90’s. This guitar is not cheap at all but to me worth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts