Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've been trying to work on my whammy bar techniques lately and I am discovering that it is indeed a deadly weapons in the right hands! lol... but anyhow I was wondering if anyone here could point me in the direction of any books or videos that focus on Vai/Satriani-esque whammy bar techniques? How did you guys develop your technique?

Any info at all on the matter would be much appreciated! :D

Cheers

Dave
Ireland

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey all,

I've been trying to work on my whammy bar techniques lately and I am discovering that it is indeed a deadly weapons in the right hands! lol... but anyhow I was wondering if anyone here could point me in the direction of any books or videos that focus on Vai/Satriani-esque whammy bar techniques? How did you guys develop your technique?

Any info at all on the matter would be much appreciated! :D

Cheers

Dave
Ireland
Its only a short article, but don't forget the mini lesson on the topic on Vai's site at:
http://www.vai.com/LittleBlackDots/84/whammy.html

The biggest one I have been practicing lately is controlling the pitch to form a melody just using say the harmonic on the G string on the 5th fret. Making it sound good involves really getting to appreciate how much pressure it takes to get to certain notes.

Cheers

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the dvd, its pretty good. Its straight forward, and shows you some good techniques, but he doesn't do much in the way of giving you some ideas to run with. Not like his diatonic DVD, which is really good.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Its only a short article, but don't forget the mini lesson on the topic on Vai's site at:
http://www.vai.com/LittleBlackDots/84/whammy.html

The biggest one I have been practicing lately is controlling the pitch to form a melody just using say the harmonic on the G string on the 5th fret. Making it sound good involves really getting to appreciate how much pressure it takes to get to certain notes.

Cheers
Attitude song I take it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts