Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is so much stuff out there. I read that Stewmac tools are the best, while others say is overpriced Chinese stuff, just paying for the name. I was going to buy the Stewmac action gauge but is $35, so I just got a D'addario one for like $10. They don't even offer free shipping anywhere.

All I have now is the Ibanez multitool and D'addario action gauge. I need to get myself some string cutter, peg winder, something I can use to rest the guitar on, so I can change the strings and do a basic setup.

Amazon is full of these setup tool kits, but I'm sure they are all low quality, just paying for the convenience of everything in one package.

·
Registered
71 Posts
There is so much stuff out there. I read that Stewmac tools are the best, while others say is overpriced Chinese stuff, just paying for the name. I was going to buy the Stewmac action gauge but is $35, so I just got a D'addario one for like $10. They don't even offer free shipping anywhere.

All I have now is the Ibanez multitool and D'addario action gauge. I need to get myself some string cutter, peg winder, something I can use to rest the guitar on, so I can change the strings and do a basic setup.

Amazon is full of these setup tool kits, but I'm sure they are all low quality, just paying for the convenience of everything in one package.
Honestly, what I do is I buy the cheap tool first (unless it's absolutely critical or if the cheap tool could potentially damage the thing I'm working on). If the cheap tool breaks, then I know I'm using it often enough to warrant paying for the expensive tool to replace it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts