Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone

if the uv777bk is the same quality as the jem7vwh, why is the MSRP 2100 whereas the jem's is 2400

why is the $300 lost? shouldnt the universe be more considering its more wood and more metal?

is the quality the same?is theuniverse as good as the jem?

thanks

p.s. i ask cuz i wanna know which one is better to get

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
The two are the same quality. LIST prices are set mostly based according to marketing research and target audience. Final street price difference are almost negligible on the two axes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well of course, but wouldnt vai play the BETTER guitar?

that makes me think the jem is a better guitar?

so its just really marketing? they are equally good?

thanks glen and snake

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have a UV777BK, and they are both great guitars.....I prefer the 7VWH, it just rocks....I think it may be the best guitar ever made....just my two cents

·
Registered
33 Posts
Also consider materials....alder vs. basswood body, ebony vs. rosewood (i think) fretboards...

And the gold hardware...always more expensive than black or cosmo...

I don't know if that has any effect on the manufacturer's price, but it was what I considered...

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
pharaoh on 3:49 am on Dec. 4, 2001
Also consider materials....alder vs. basswood body, ebony vs. rosewood (i think) fretboards...

And the gold hardware...always more expensive than black or cosmo...

I don't know if that has any effect on the manufacturer's price, but it was what I considered...
While the 7v has 'better' wood, the UV has more attention to detail (the Binding, the abalone pyramid on the tailpiece.

I don't think that he shies away from the UV because it's an inferior instrument, I think he just prefers the feel of 6 over 7, and is more able to express his feelings at this time on 6 rather than 7.

I don't think it's a quesiton of a 'better or worse' guitar. They're both great and, as glen said, it's about MSRP.

~Kenny

·
Registered
165 Posts
Maybe it is just simple supply and demand (the #1 rule of marketing)

The JEMs may just be in bigger demand.  More people are comfortable playing 6-strings so the guitars sell for more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts