Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a topic that's been discussed to death here. If so, please delete this.

Having a custom made guitar built to "our" specs is something that most players wouldn't mind having at least once in our life.

Using the 7VWH as a starting point. What would you have done to make it more YOU?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Well replace the alder body with basswood body, add 5A quilted maple top, black pickguard/black pickups, gold knobs, cherry sunburst finish, maybe different pickups, take the middle pup off, mathing headstock, orginal edge trem, birds eye maple neck or just plain maple.

Oh yeah, depends on which model we are talking about, if newer then ebony board.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Kamikaze_1 said:
Swap the Gold hardware out for Silver. Take out the pearloid pickguard, and swap it for a plain white one. Replace the JEM vine inlay and put a J-Custom style vine in it's place. :)
LOL....your obviously not a fan of the VWH.

And..whats wrong with the Jem vine:mad:

I rather like it!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
No monkey grip, full abalone vine inlay.

I'd have 2 versions :)p) one with standard gold hardware and one with the silver.

I think i'd regret having one with silver hardware so i'd like 2 please :p

Although my ideal custom would be:

Ibanez RG body (alder) black quilt, Jem tilted output jack. maple top.
Bridge: Lo-pro (Gold)
Tuners: Sperzel locking (Gold)
Neck: Jem profile +7v frets(6100s?), maple, ebony board with no inlays, matching headstock, straight Ibanez headstock (pointeh!)

Electronics:
Pups(H-S-H): DiMarzio Evolution (bridge), DiMarzio Blue Velvet (centre), DiMarzio Tone Zone (neck).

Knobs(hehee): 1 Vol, 1 Tone, both gold J-Custom style, recessed.

*Dreams*

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
My "custom" Jem if I had to build one would probably end up being exactly like my J-Custom RG8670 except it'd have a swamp ash/quilted maple body and gold hardware. I mean if you're going to take out the monkey grip/lions claw and drop a J-C style inlay, Why not just get it to say J-Custom on the headstock?

Quite frankly, ever since I got my RG8670 I stopped wanting a Jem 7VWH. Now I just the same thing with a swamp ash/maple body instead of the mahogany/maple that I already got too much of.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Starting with a Jem7vwh as the Template:
anything not mentioned assume to the same as 7Vwh

Reverse Headstock
Maple Fretboard with Abalone Jem inlay Ala Jem 10th
Dimarzio Tone zone in the bridge and Air Norton in the neck
Kill Switch

I think it'd be a nice Jem/PGM Cross

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
- pearlescent white finish, satin chrome hardware, push-pull coil tap on one knob, and a push-pull switch to turn the neck pickup on in any other switch combination and I'd be about done - acksherly, I think I'll try those push-pull mods on my VDY anyway!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.