Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
i like the line 6 delay modeler.i don't know if the quality of the boss delay pedals are better,but it was the multiple channels of delay that got me.i wish it was a fourth channel of delay insted of a tap tempo switch,and maybe a separate input for a tap tempo control,but it's cool.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If you want Line6 like features, go for the Boss gigadelay. That's what I got. I think the Line6 is easier to use but the quality is crap, the looper has 14 second memory versus 21, but the one that really sealed the deal for me was that when you switch presets it cuts any current off any delay currently doing its thing (on the Line6 pedal). But really, you'd probably be fine with a DD-3 unless you want to get fancy.

·
Banned
250 Posts
carlos grijalva said:
What about the efect used on No More Tears of Ozzy Osbourne? Is that reverb or delay? I know it sounds kind of stupid but ia m not that familiar with pedals...
That is a Yahmaha SPX 90 I believe. So its a little chorus a little reverb and just a tiny bit of delay only on the solos.

If you want a really over the top delay get the Boss DD20. I use it and I love it!!! Im a delay freak!!!!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Have you checked out the Boss DD-20 GigaDelay? Alot of places here in the states are selling them for around $180, not much more than a DD-6 and the extras are definitely worth it.

Roger

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Why have a rack for one piece? Then you also have to run control lines or a MIDI switcher, etc... I do use a rack, but if I was using an amp I probably wouldn't have a secondary rack unless I was running some multiple head stereo setup. For just delay, the Boss DDs will give you what you need. If you need multiple delay times, the DD-20 will fit the bill. Just my opinion.

Roger

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.