Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just snatched an S from Reverb, and can't find exactly which model it is. Looked on Ibanez Wiki, and I think it might be an S540HH? But according to the wiki they weren't offered in a natural finish, so...what did I buy?

Also it has weird looking non-locking trem posts, and the trem knife edges slide up and down on the posts when I use it.

Any Ibanez experts out there to lend their expertise?

Attachments

·
Vendor
26,498 Posts
If those studs are original they've been mutilated. Replace them.

No way to tell what the guitar is from those pictures but if the pocket is stamped OL it's born as a natural.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm neck says s570, but body says s520-01

I'm not sure if the trem studs inserts are original. If I get the ibanez locking studs I'm guessing I'll have to replace the inserts as well?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have one just like that... i believe it is a ibanez s520 wnf
I think the WNF is suppose to mean walnut flat I don't see it mine is just s very thin urethane over mahogany it's not even flat (sadly not oil)

lots of pics
LMGTFY

love the guitar it sounds and plays amazing

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea it needs some work but definitely a cool guitar. The neck is incredibly thin, I'm surprised it hasn't snapped over the years lol.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just snatched an S from Reverb...it has weird looking non-locking trem posts, and the trem knife edges slide up and down on the posts when I use it.
How is it for coming back in tune during trem usage? It looks like they may have been adjusting bridge height while the strings were under tension which will destroy both the mating surfaces on the bridge and trem mounting posts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts