Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,I was thinking about the m-audio delta44.

Can I do this? :

Guitar=> GNX3 (multi-fx)=> Delta 44
Bass=>Mixer=> Delta 44
Vocal=>Mixer=>Delta 44
Synth=>Mixer=>Delta 44

AND MAYBE

Drum=>Mixer=> Delta 44

what do you think about it?Is it the good card for the things I want to do?
****I don't want any delay******

·
Registered
688 Posts
I don't know much about the Delta 44, but I looked at its specs, and it seems like it would be fine for what you want to do. I'd say, run the GNX3 (I have one of those too) stereo outs into 2 inputs (L/R) on th Delta 44, and then run the stereo outs from your mixer into 2 inputs on the 44 (Looks like it has 4 inputs)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well for example,if I wanna reccord bass,guitar,drum in 1 shot,I was thinking about using the mixer's sub.I never used this but,does it work well?

And for the delta,can I do this?

delta44 (OUTPUT) => Mixer => Amplified monitor

Thanks everybody ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
You could start with a Line6 guitar port, it has loads of tones to start with and it records directly into Cubase (maybe protools too but I haven't tried it). You could then look at Propellarhead Reason for creating drums, backings etc.

·
Registered
484 Posts
delta 44 -> mixer -> monitor

Should work, but it's through software, even though the delta 44 has a very low latency if installed in the right system a few milliseconds can be annoying for monitoring.

I would take the monitor sound direct from the first mixing console, if you want all sound in the monitors ( guitar, drums, vocals, etc. ) just use the record or master out of the mixer ( if your mixer has two outputs, but that is pretty common ). Zero latency that way.

if you want to be able to control all the channels sound levels in the monitors it will be a different thing, you would need to duplicate all separate channels to a mixer for the drummer, a mixer for the vocalist, etc.

Personally, I use a pretty basic M-audio card, which is much like the delta 44. I use a headphone for monitoring which gets it's sound from the microphone preamp,which is hooked up to a mic in front of my cabinet. I only record guitars, everything else is midi.
Sometimes I even skip monitoring, I'll just listen to the midi song parts being played out of my studio monitors and listen to my guitar amp, even though you might pickup some of the midi song that way, my SM-57 is fairly directional and the level of my guitar amp is usually loud enough to prevent this from being a problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.