Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you may have read some of my other topics in my search for a guitar.

does anyone have any opinion on the SAS32EXFMAV?

one thing that bugs me a little is the medium frets but idk.

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
I'd prefer the looks if it didn't have the binding. Never tried the guitar so I can't say how it plays, sounds, etc. The fact that it's Chinese is a little off-putting, but it's not as though Chinese-built instruments can't be good. To be honest, for the prices I've seen this model selling for ($600-$750) I think you could do much better, even if it means buying a used Japanese Ibanez. When you look at what you can find on the used market for that kind of money... this guitar is hard to look at.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
today's Made in China Ibanez guitars are on two well separate levels: entry level guitars which run about 200 $ or €, and of course are basically [email protected], and GREAT chinese models such as the incredible Artcore Customs which go for around 650 $ or €. the latter are simply unbelievable in building quality, fret level, fret-end round-up, inlay work, details etc. i'd dare to say they're very, very close to the J-Custom craftmanship (don't kill me, Rich), and surely better than today's Prestige standards. it really seems like they moved the Prestige team to China. check the pics i took on a AS103 i worked on, here below. so, if this SAS is on the same price range, i'd assume it's a good chinese. a try is worth.

·
Vendor
26,316 Posts
The details are nice on the AC's, but, they do not get a fret level. The fret crowns have never been touched on any I've seen. All JC's get a level like the Prestige do.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
The details are nice on the AC's, but, they do not get a fret level...
maybe they found a very neat way to put'em down onto the fretboard already pre-leveled, drastically reducing the needs for afterward leveling? because the ones i've worked on (a very few, to say the truth) were perfectly leveled. well, at least, i mean perfectly leveled when they allow for super-low action with no buzzes and no fretting out notes on bendings. or maybe i was just lucky, who knows...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts