Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to local Ibanez dealer and tried some RG's and I played some Rg with Tone Zone PAF Pro pickups, flame maple top, amber finish, off set dot inlays, lo-pro edge trem, rosewood board. Which model is this? It played like a dream and sounded very delicious!:)

I tried RGT3020 also but it wasn't as good as the guitar I mentioned above. PAF Pro bridge had nice kinda ''more vintage'' style sound, didn't like the neck finish thought and the Ultra neck didn't feel as good as neck on other Rg I played which was probably some kind of wizard. Rg2550 was nice too.:wink:

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
The guitar you mentioned sounds very much like a pre-03 RG3120. I haven't tried a bridge PAF Pro yet, but the neck one is my favourite pickup hands down. I'm a sucker for suped up vintage pickups. ;)

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Bridge Paf Pro's I find lack balls. My USA Custom exotic wood came with two Paf Pros and I didn't like 'em too much. The neck pickup sounded fine, but the bridge definitely needed more 'ummph'.

That guitar definitely sounds like an RG3120 and quite frankly I like it a lot better than the RGT3020.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts