Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 4 guitars that were on my Bucket List.
They are: RS Custom Brian May replica
Ibanez Premium Jem
1979 Guild S300D
Kramer NightSwan Reissue

Guitars that I Still have yet to Aquire are:
Ibanez Destroyer with set neck
Ibanez RS100 (my first guitar back in 83/84)
Gibson LP Custom

·
Registered
560 Posts
I've always wanted a Jem DNA, but that's pretty out of reach now and I'd want it for playing, which would be hard to justify given the value. I wouldn't mind a 70s Fender Strat in natural with a black scratchplate, to go with my P-Bass of the same type. But to be honest I have everything I could want or need, it may be years until I buy anything new.

·
Administrator
7,570 Posts
I've always wanted a Jem DNA, but that's pretty out of reach now and I'd want it for playing, which would be hard to justify given the value.

But to be honest I have everything I could want or need, it may be years until I buy anything new.
I'm in a similar position, I think that on a practical level , the JEM DNA is probably the best guitar ever made. It's the only rear routed AANJ JEM and has an Edge Trem. There's literally nothing to dislike... Apart from the cost to risk ratio.

Also the swirls are so subjective, some were insanely good some were just ok and the best ones seem to have found their "forever homes".

Similarly I'd love a PMC but those ones faded so badly, the pink went white and the purple went brown :(

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
I do not have a guitar bucket list. However, there are a couple of guitars that if I were to come across I would certainly like to try. Also, they are guitars I know exist:

- Ibanez S5527 - I have never played one, but it seems like a guitar I would get along with well. Not sure why...

- Fender Custom Shop Showmaster Frost Gold 2001 Maple fretboard - Reasons that are not interesting. Your time is valuable.

Guitars I do not know exist, but probably could, is an entirely different type of list probably for a different thread.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Jackson: yellow King V w/ matching headstock no trem; snow white Warrior w/ matching headstock no trem; burgundy burst Warrior; custom arch-top matte darkgreen quilt
EBMM: Sabre; JP15 cerulean or teal burst; JP6 red burst quilt; axis, Steve Morse; Cutlass (but a Strat is cheaper)
Gibson SG 2015, cherry, black or white
Fender telecaster American Deluxe
Ibanez: Jem 77 FP, Universe, PGM
ESP black Explorer (cf. James Hetfield)
Some kind of jazz-guitar, George Benson model or so.
Gretsch Country Gentleman
Carvin Jason Becker model

Unfortunately, it'll be a subset. I'm currently looking for a JP6. Jem FP and telecaster would be next, but I don't want to pay the amounts they ask for the Jem.
I had an ESP Horizon arch-top, string-thru and neck-thru with pre-lawsuit Jackson-style headstock, that I sold. I want it back for emotional reasons :)

What I had on my bucket list and have: Jackson RR1 LTG, Hamer Centaura, EBMM Silhouette

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just got back my former 1979 strat back from my son. It was his second time selling it and my second time buying it. So it doesn’t matter what bucket list guitars I come across now, I am effectively broke for the next few months. Oh well, I will just cut out cigarettes and beer for the foreseeable future months. It’s way worth it.

I just got a Jem Premium a month ago, and a Jem Junior and a guitar for my daughter the month before that. So that is four guitars in about 2 months. Generally I buy on average a guitar every month or two, but the Jem premium wasn’t cheap, and neither was the strat. Strat I didn’t include in the bucket list because I had already had it once before. But it has the best neck of any 7.25 radius Guitar I’ve ever played.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
My only real bucket list guitar is my dad's old '71 Gibson Les Paul Recording, but it was worn out, put away dirty, and needs a lot of work.

Don't know if I'd call these "bucket list" really, but a few guitars that would be nice to have around would be: a nice smaller bodied classical guitar, a G&L Legacy, an actual Tele, a nice PRS Custom 22 with the 85/15 pickups, and a matching set of '86 PL650 dark wine burst and an 86' Roadstar II RB850 bass in the black candy red finish (just to be a bad @ss).

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My only real bucket list guitar is my dad's old '71 Gibson Les Paul Recording, but it was worn out, put away dirty, and needs a lot of work.

Don't know if I'd call these "bucket list" really, but a few guitars that would be nice to have around would be: a nice smaller bodied classical guitar, a G&L Legacy, an actual Tele, a nice PRS Custom 22 with the 85/15 pickups, and a matching set of '86 PL650 dark wine burst and an 86' Roadstar II RB850 bass in the black candy red finish (just to be a bad @ss).
Speaking of small bodied guitars. Stephen Faulk, an ex pat loving in Japan, made this as an experiment. He made me a really good deal on it.

These photos are from the actual build.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Speaking of small bodied guitars. Stephen Faulk, an ex pat loving in Japan, made this as an experiment. He made me a really good deal on it. View attachment 17500 View attachment 17501 View attachment 17502 View attachment 17503

These photos are from the actual build. View attachment 17504
That looks quite nice, you don't see many cedar/cypress guitars out there. Small body can be surprisingly big in sound - Torres built several smaller bodied instruments and they have pretty astonishing volume.

A nice classical is on my bucket list. Something after Torres, non tropical woods maybe.

·
Registered
489 Posts
The ONLY bucket list guitar was a 7 string Parker

but I found out Ken left Parker and sold it when they started making 7 strings : so it’s like a “spirit” Steinberger which is just a guitar with someone else’s name on it (many brands do it; Cort might be most well known)

so idk man, I wanted a Rick toone guitar I designed but he was making a starting at $8k for the nightwing (my idea) so I said, **** it, I have the one guitar that decimates all other electrics onearth - GL2T 1985 Newburgh original - so time to stop being greedy

I only play my 7620, 2228 and Esp custom anyway so the other 7 just sit in my a/C clos t for humidity lol

PS jono, I love you - the Rg art is #1
NOT the DNA - it’s clearly obvious lol

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Believe it or not I still want an RG1451 in good condition. Great guitar! Almost bought one in 2011 NOS.
Only one production year. You can still find a few here and there online but they're usually dinged up or modded to look ugly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.