Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 4 guitars that were on my Bucket List.
They are: RS Custom Brian May replica
Ibanez Premium Jem
1979 Guild S300D
Kramer NightSwan Reissue

Guitars that I Still have yet to Aquire are:
Ibanez Destroyer with set neck
Ibanez RS100 (my first guitar back in 83/84)
Gibson LP Custom

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Uhmm 🤔.... my bucket list would be:
Ibanez JS2410.
Ibanez pgm 300.
Samick Blues Saraceno.
PRS 24 with Floyd Rose.
Knaggs Steve Stevens Severn XF.
Mayones Duvell custom...

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've always wanted a Jem DNA, but that's pretty out of reach now and I'd want it for playing, which would be hard to justify given the value. I wouldn't mind a 70s Fender Strat in natural with a black scratchplate, to go with my P-Bass of the same type. But to be honest I have everything I could want or need, it may be years until I buy anything new.

·
Super Moderator
7,354 Posts
I've always wanted a Jem DNA, but that's pretty out of reach now and I'd want it for playing, which would be hard to justify given the value.

But to be honest I have everything I could want or need, it may be years until I buy anything new.
I'm in a similar position, I think that on a practical level , the JEM DNA is probably the best guitar ever made. It's the only rear routed AANJ JEM and has an Edge Trem. There's literally nothing to dislike... Apart from the cost to risk ratio.

Also the swirls are so subjective, some were insanely good some were just ok and the best ones seem to have found their "forever homes".

Similarly I'd love a PMC but those ones faded so badly, the pink went white and the purple went brown :(

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
I do not have a guitar bucket list. However, there are a couple of guitars that if I were to come across I would certainly like to try. Also, they are guitars I know exist:

- Ibanez S5527 - I have never played one, but it seems like a guitar I would get along with well. Not sure why...

- Fender Custom Shop Showmaster Frost Gold 2001 Maple fretboard - Reasons that are not interesting. Your time is valuable.

Guitars I do not know exist, but probably could, is an entirely different type of list probably for a different thread.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Jackson: yellow King V w/ matching headstock no trem; snow white Warrior w/ matching headstock no trem; burgundy burst Warrior; custom arch-top matte darkgreen quilt
EBMM: Sabre; JP15 cerulean or teal burst; JP6 red burst quilt; axis, Steve Morse; Cutlass (but a Strat is cheaper)
Gibson SG 2015, cherry, black or white
Fender telecaster American Deluxe
Ibanez: Jem 77 FP, Universe, PGM
ESP black Explorer (cf. James Hetfield)
Some kind of jazz-guitar, George Benson model or so.
Gretsch Country Gentleman
Carvin Jason Becker model

Unfortunately, it'll be a subset. I'm currently looking for a JP6. Jem FP and telecaster would be next, but I don't want to pay the amounts they ask for the Jem.
I had an ESP Horizon arch-top, string-thru and neck-thru with pre-lawsuit Jackson-style headstock, that I sold. I want it back for emotional reasons :)

What I had on my bucket list and have: Jackson RR1 LTG, Hamer Centaura, EBMM Silhouette

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just got back my former 1979 strat back from my son. It was his second time selling it and my second time buying it. So it doesn’t matter what bucket list guitars I come across now, I am effectively broke for the next few months. Oh well, I will just cut out cigarettes and beer for the foreseeable future months. It’s way worth it.

I just got a Jem Premium a month ago, and a Jem Junior and a guitar for my daughter the month before that. So that is four guitars in about 2 months. Generally I buy on average a guitar every month or two, but the Jem premium wasn’t cheap, and neither was the strat. Strat I didn’t include in the bucket list because I had already had it once before. But it has the best neck of any 7.25 radius Guitar I’ve ever played.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
My only real bucket list guitar is my dad's old '71 Gibson Les Paul Recording, but it was worn out, put away dirty, and needs a lot of work.

Don't know if I'd call these "bucket list" really, but a few guitars that would be nice to have around would be: a nice smaller bodied classical guitar, a G&L Legacy, an actual Tele, a nice PRS Custom 22 with the 85/15 pickups, and a matching set of '86 PL650 dark wine burst and an 86' Roadstar II RB850 bass in the black candy red finish (just to be a bad @ss).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts