Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Alot of people ask that question even when it's online! I think it's a good place. Everyone's entitled to their opinion ... as long as it don't hurt nobody.

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
ummmm....can somebody confirm this? I'm looking at the site and it looks exactly the same...and i doubt musician's friend would still have a free classified section up.

~K

·
Premium Member
9,591 Posts
It's no big deal, sure HC is a great site, and I have bought and sold alot of stuff there, and have been going since I first got an internet connection,but I doubt MF wants to ruin it, they wont make any money on a site no one visits, besides all this will do is lead to the creation of another site to take its place.

There's a million tab sites (a good percent are better than hc), a million other forums, the reviews on HC are laughable at best with people either posting the day the bring their new gear home and are still in the honeymoon phase, or people just posting to blast a company they hate.
I'll wait and see what happens before I plan the funeral like some others seem to have done already.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
it will be interesting to watch. I lurk on their forums occasionally. It's interesting to see which boutique gear or cheap crap the forumites are in lust with that week. There's several trolls with multiple screen names, which is annoying and occasionally funny.

A few weeks back, someone commented that Jimi Hendrix had disappeared from the forum. Needless to say, every topic for the next week had Jimi in the title. A quick scan of topics looked like:

Jimi Hendrix is underratred
Jimi Hendrix is rated PG-13
Jimi Hendrix is overrated
Jimi Hendrix is overweight
Jimi Hendrix is a waiter
Jimi Hendrix ate my baby
Jimi Hendrix met Bill Brasky

for a week :)

I'll be interested to see if MF starts censoring gear reviews or forum members.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I'm sure all the user reviews will be replaced by MF catalog reviews. "The Gorilla Tubecruncher 10 watt practice amp is a versatile tone machine. After some fine tweaking, I got draw-dropping tones that impressed my rock band, my cover band with female vocalist, and my bass player, with whom we play in a coffeehouse duo." Please tell me I'm not the one who's noticed this pattern in their reviews.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Demiurge said:
I'm sure all the user reviews will be replaced by MF catalog reviews. "The Gorilla Tubecruncher 10 watt practice amp is a versatile tone machine. After some fine tweaking, I got draw-dropping tones that impressed my rock band, my cover band with female vocalist, and my bass player, with whom we play in a coffeehouse duo." Please tell me I'm not the one who's noticed this pattern in their reviews.
BWWWAAAWAWAWAWA!
Yup, the "Tubecruncher 10" is the right amp for ALL your gigs!

This will just force us to the local mom & pop stores quicker. I don't know about you, but I refuse to buy into the:

Rogue Les Paul Limited 1948 Special Edition with the original racing stripe, quilt-top, set of strings and free gig bag.....$29.95

and JUST ONE TIME , I'd like to read those reviewers saying "the only good sounds came when I threw it out the window and heard it smash way down on the sidewalk"......

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Demiurge said:
I hope you're not talking trash about my Tubecruncher 10.... I use that thing all the time. It's packed with all tones I need from grinding heavy metal distortion to shimmering cleans. It's packs a powerful punch in a small package.

LOL

how many times have you read that kind of drivel written about some POS particle board practice amp that's being pimped in MF or any guitar rag?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.