Jem Ibanez Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching the History Channel and it was talking about God bringing the world to a end and then I had a thought, What happens when I die? What do I feel? What happens to me? Do I know anything? I want to get your thoughts on this. My mom said she wasn't scared of death but I feel like I am. I am only 14.

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
Nothing, it's like sleep. No pain, no feeling, no sense of passing time, just nothingness. Nothing to be worried about at 14, you've probably got a good 80 or so years left!

So, what were you watching on History Channel exactly? That's a great channel, tons of cool stuff on it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
After you die....
if you are really lucky and have kids, they get your guitars unless......idk tons of issues....

or if you are really unlucky

they go to an estate sell.....

it's like the circle of life.

In all seriousness listen to your mom, don't fear the reaper.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
You're judged and go to one of two places.
If God needs you to be part of other people lives, you get to come back.
That's how I see it.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I remember seeing a guy on TV once who claimed that spirits of the deceased spoke through him. He sat down in this chair and sort of fell asleep. And then all of a sudden he quickly sat up straight and he started talking in another voice. It was supposedly a dead Indian speaking through this guy's body. Anyway, this Indian claimed to have had different lives. And he said that now, he existed purely as energy.

I really didn't buy it. I think that guy just had a multiple personality disorder. :?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I've thought alot about this and I believe your consciousness goes on. If it didn't you wouldn't even be aware of yourself in the first place.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I am 20 now, and when i was your age, for reasons i don't know and still can't explain the same question just arose to me. It was as if i'd spent everyday of my life since then blistfully unaware of my surroundings and what exactly i was experiencing. 6 years later, i am not much older and little more wise. I have learned many things and have lived many stories. However, there are some mysteries i will may never solve and you have to accept that life and death, are those that will remain shrouded in silence. Thinking that i didn't know only gave me depression. Along with some of the medication i was given, i was beginning to lose my mind. MY best advice to you is to remain sane, keep your way and dignity. If you should ever think of this again, try to remember why you live and how you intend to live. Set some goals, reach for the sky. Treat each day as is your last, taste it like a fine glass of lemonade, sip down every last drop. If you can dedicate your life to something whether it be music, work, travelling, women, friends and so on you will always feel fulfilled and you will never worry about death.

I've been there, and i am sure i am not the only one. Today you just grew ten years older in your mind. Congratulations. Now do what your peers can't do right now, savor your life and make it worth something ;).

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I gotta throw this out there...

I believe in Jesus, im sure most of you dont. I dont think less of you if you dont.

I would love if you did have a personal relationship with Him tho.

Its just what I believe.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
It depends on your religion.
For instance, in India the Hindu culture believes you are reborn over and over in a never-ending cycle. It's a facinating topic and one your should learn about.

~j

·
Registered
816 Posts
Wouldn't it be cool if whatever you believed would happen after death WOULD happen?

I thought we weren't allowed to talk religion here?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
How many of you have died???

How do you know its like being asleep.
Well, there are certain pieces of the puzzle missing in the sense that I don't have all the facts regarding life, death, the universe etc. But I do have some pieces of the puzzle. And by putting those together, I, for myself, can see that certain things fit into the missing parts and others don't.

So that's why I think that after death it's just like before you were born. I just think that's what is most likely.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts