Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an ultra neck off of my 540RLTD... It's been sitting on a shelf and I don't plan on using it. Fret life is pretty decent. It's loaded, but I have no idea what it's worth. I've seen them on ebay for like $425 but... I don't know... That seems high. Maybe it's not though considering I have no idea what they're worth lol. I know they're not very common.

Attachments

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hmm, we talked about the $425 one (which is a regular 540R neck) in another thread - that person's selling a bunch of stuff at pretty inflated prices ($575 for an RG760 neck? C'mon...).

More broadly, MIJ Ibanez necks I've seen for sale in the past while have been in the $200-300 bracket. Yours does look pretty good, seems like it hasn't been on and off much, which tends to cause fraying of wood around the screw holes.

It's been a while since I've seen an actual 540R LTD for sale, in the past, $600-800. Regular 540Rs seem to go for anywhere from $700 up to $1200.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$200-$300 seems fair. I bought the guitar for $850. It was in really nice shape only a few small dings. I think someone had wet sanded and polished it up though. If you look closely you can see they buffed through the clear coat. but the bridge is immaculate, I mean really not a sign of rust at ALL. And the head stock is near mint. The clear coat situation is one of a few reasons why I will be repainting this one too. BUT... I am trying to sell off a lot of things I don't/ won't use, I am in the market for a new amp... which means I may be parting with mine. I don't and won't ever need 120 watts hahaha.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yep, agree. I think what you're asking is fair given the current market, that it's not a common item and is in good shape. Most stuff you see has the usual cosmetic damage you'd expect after 30+ years of use, and even the cracks in the usual spot.

What's the amp? Mine is 50w but having above 8 o'clock is rare, ha. I feel like I should build one of those isolation booths with foam on the inside, a bit bigger than a loo cubicle, so you can be in there as well and wail away.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The amp I am selling is a peavey JsX. 3 channel... I just installed tubes in it about 6 months ago. 4) JJ'S 6L6GC power amp tubes and... 4) tungsol 12ax7's. The amp I am looking to get...? Well it's either the victory v30... Or a Saldano SLO 30... Not sure. The Saldano is definitely the king but it's $2700 😑. The v30 is about $1300-$1400

·
Registered
707 Posts
Modern, high g'nage goodness. Hmm, both nice amps; the V30 seems more classic rock than the Soldano. Do you know Rabea Massaad? He's a British prog metal player who often uses Victory (Kraken, I think) and Soldano (SLO 100) in stereo, pretty tasty.

I quite like the Vic Red/Black Dwarf - pretty basic, small, British voiced head with big tones.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I watched a video with him and the creator or... Head builder at victory. His was definitely a nice sounding amp... But I am not really a metal guy, so I am unsure if I would like it. The v30 still has some pretty high gain. But also some beautiful cleans... with gain on the clean channel as well. They come with either EL34 or 6L6 power amp tubes. Though what I want is highish gain with clear articulation. Which I know the Soldano would give me... But I have no idea about the v30.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Will that fit on a strat body? If so, I'd give you $200 + shipping for it. I have a partscaster/shreddy thing build in process and am no ttoo crazy about the neck that i just received. Not sure if the bolt pattern will align on the ultra, however.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The heel would fit a strat, the holes may not line up though... I had a thread for this under the classifieds... It sold $300+ the shipping. Thanks for the offer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts