Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, new to the forum. I picked up a cool looking RG from a friend but do not know the model, can you help?
Serial no. F9821842, body and headstock in cool pearlescent white which changes as you look at it from different angles. Gold hardware, TRS trem, Made in Japan on tuners. Dots on rosewood fingerboard, V7/V1/V8 pickups, Black plastic switch tip and knobs, white pearl scratchplate even though pickups are direct mounted and pots and switch mount through body, black covers on rear over trem and control cavity, not flush mounted into body, output jack on square plate on lower edge.
I cannot find one like it in the catalogues, is it a mongrel? I like it's look and sound, and just would like to know what it is, any help much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,284 Posts
Welcome to the forum, this does sound unusual, but for these types of enquiry, pictures always help.

also, just for future reference, there's no need to set up multiple threads on the exact same topic:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The story continues..... I was bored this morning and decided to set the trem up properly (not for the faint hearted!) As I had to loosen a load of screws I decided to remove the neck to look for any info, lo and behold, ARG390GX it says. I looked on the interweb and it is suggested that the RG390GX is a home/Asia market guitar, and I have now seen a catalogue page featuring it. It also says it has a resoncast body. If I had known this I might not have bought it, but when played through my Laney VC15 it sounds every bit as good as my mahogany SA (fitted with DiMarzio's) and my alder Strat (with full Clapton electrics), so whilst we all like 'proper' tonewoods, is it really a bad thing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts