Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
That's a Proline, a really nice pre-RG guitar. Possibly a PL2550 in cherry ice. Nuno will know for sure ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
It's an '86, so you need to look at all your available sources for used guitars.

It does look a bit darker thean the Cherry, but it looks fantastic in that pic. Do you have of these Nuno, or is yours the gold/champagne color? That one looks awesome as well

·
Registered
34 Posts
I remember this one from a good while back and at least profile-wise, it looks to be more of a Sabre predecessor than an RG. Although of course the Sabre or S-Series has a different thickness. Anyway, just a thought and it looks to be very cool guitar.

·
Registered
355 Posts
pickup selection? then whats the normal switch do then? same thing? you can use either or? sorry, but i have never seen that guitar before.

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
pickup selection? then whats the normal switch do then? same thing? you can use either or? sorry, but i have never seen that guitar before.
Yeah, you can use both. The buttons were sort of 'programmable', so you could create your favorite combinations and use them instead of the 5 way, like neck and bridge but not middle, and so on. You could assign that combo to a button, and just use that instead of using the 5 way. Again, as in all things Pro Line, I'll defer to Nuno's expertise on the subject :)

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
Just got another one myself :) PL 2550 in gold, not the Cherry ice, but damn its an amazing guitar! I've had them before, but not the neckthrough model.

Pics shortly, I was busy yesterday when she came in.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I was tempting to acquire a PL, but ...

Is the neck profile like the 540S ? the RBM ?
No, it's a little rounder BUT..the back of the neck
has a oil finish that feels sooooooo good.This is one GREAT thing about
about the prolines (except the 2550 which is body color).
Also on the 1770, 1880, 2550 and 2660, you get a ebony fretboard.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Just got another one myself :) PL 2550 in gold...
congrats Jim! enjoy it!

oops* i forgot to reply to those asking about the buttons. here's the manual that came along with the guitar:

in other words, from above to below:

- black button: preset switch on/off
- white button: neck pu on/off
- white button: center pu on/off
- white button: bridge pu on/off
- black button: bridge split

of course when preset switch is off, the traditional 5-ways selector is on.

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
congrats Jim! enjoy it!
thanks man, it is awesome! I like the 2550 more than the 1880's I've had in the past, but I may have simply gotten a good one this time. It's a nicer neck and feel than an old Soloist, that's for sure. Now I need a minty Cherry Ice one like the one in the original post, and I'll be set :)

This is a busy week for me, but I'll get some pics this weekend at the latest. It's missing the truss rod cover and the string tree, but other than that she's solid, and has her original case as well :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts