Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! Thank you for reading this...

I've found an ibanez Pgm series but I'm unsure what model. The serial number is 'F0801880' now I have checked and apparently it was made in Japan in 2008 and it's a pgm301, but after checking the photos of the pgm301 I found that my one has locking studs (or whatever there called) on the headstock. Also for a guitar that's supposed to be 10 years old it looks to be in a very good condition.

Thank you in advance 馃槉

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would just like to know what model it is, I guess. Kind of tripped me out when I compared photos of them both. Also could it be a fake? I say this because the stickers on the back look brand new.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also why is the model number on the back saying it was made in Japan? Is these number easily faked?

Premium Member
How can you tell? I haven't bought it yet. It's up for 拢300
everything about it is wrong from the "it's not 10 years old" brand new shiny white pickups to the PGM300 trem model faked that wasn't made since 2004, to the trem, knob, locking nut, string retainer bar, serial, markings etc. Attached is a real 2008 MIJ serial & markings

Attachments

Registered
I would just like to know what model it is, I guess. Kind of tripped me out when I compared photos of them both. Also could it be a fake? I say this because the stickers on the back look brand new.
Don't be too concerned about the stickers on the back. I have an 86 roadstar 2 that still has the original model # decal on the back of the headstock, & that puppy has been rode hard.

Registered
There was a legit PGM 301 floating around Reverb and maybe eBay last year, where someone had retro-fitted a Floyd Rose to it. They were asking way too much for a butchered 301, so it sat around for ages.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts