Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
fender twin reverb is my amp of choice. i'd have to say that the original (as i have a black face reissue) would be a dream amp. i love tube clean especially when it's not meant to break up and i can use my pedals for overdrive and distortion

·
Registered
574 Posts
Dream amps...

Soldano SLO100
VHT G-100-UL Pittbull Ultra-Lead
Hughes & Kettner Triamp MK II
Marshall JCM200 TSL100
Carvin V3
Carvin Legacy
Peavey JSX
Genz Benz El Diablo
Bogner Uberschall
Mesa Stiletto Ace
Mesa Road King
Mesa Mark IV

And a rack with...

Mesa Triaxis
Mesa 20/20
Eventide Harmonizer
T.C. Electronics G-Force

A guy can dream, right? :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hrm.
Bogner Uberschall
ENGL Invader
Mesa Road King

I'm not much of an effects user, so my BBE/Compressor will be ideal. I already have a Genz Benz El Diablo, so I can do without a $4000+ amp =0

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The nicest Mesa money can buy with more 4x12 cabinets than I would ever need, modified to have old Fender "Blackface" cleans, a switchable bias between EL34's (bri'ish!) and 6L6's (Americano!), absolutely NO onboard FX, a Wattage switch to step down the power, with an "Emergency" saturation switch that will turn the gain up to 11 (but still stay smooth!). Oh, and a little gnome that lives inside it to manufacture and change tubes for me. Yup, that'd be my dream amp. :D

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
The nicest Mesa money can buy with more 4x12 cabinets than I would ever need, modified to have old Fender "Blackface" cleans, a switchable bias between EL34's (bri'ish!) and 6L6's (Americano!), absolutely NO onboard FX, a Wattage switch to step down the power, with an "Emergency" saturation switch that will turn the gain up to 11 (but still stay smooth!). Oh, and a little gnome that lives inside it to manufacture and change tubes for me. Yup, that'd be my dream amp. :D
ill take one of those to... maybe we can get a group rate LOL

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
probably a roadking .

i wouldn't mind an engl powerball or mesa mark 4 .

I am way more then happy with my mark 3 and knowing what i know now , i'd buy it again no questions asked . it is the prefect tone for me , and i'd be hard pressed to find another amp that would really please me .

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have: (and really enjoy)

Carvin X100B halfstack, 6L6 model.
Laney Pro Tube Lead 100 halfstack.

What I could really use:
Laney VH100R
Laney GH100L
Carvin Legacy
Bogner XTC
Roland Jazz Chorus thingy.
Maybe. . just maybe. . a Mesa Mark IV

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
I'm 95% happy with my Mesa Nomad, but if I could dream it'd be a Mark-IV clean channel and lead channel mated with a Rectifier Channel 3 driving a switchable 25/50 watt power section, with a good onboard reverb and switchable 'verb, solo boost, effects loop, and 5-band EQ.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I found my sound a pretty long time ago, with a Mesa Simul 2:90 and hella tweaks on my pre-amp (mostly parametric eq stuff)

So the last thing I think of is an amp, but I hear great things about the Framus Cobra, Bonger Ecstasy, ENGL Powerball, etc. Maybe one day...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I saved up for years to buy the amp I wanted, a soldano decatone. You should see the wicked strut I've been sporting for the past two years.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts