Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the option to post pics so I will do my best to describe it. I don't have the guitar in front of me as I am at work. The guitar is pewter silver with Rosewood fretboard, dot inlays and black headstock. Also has the wizard 1 neck w/strip on the back of the neck. The headstock Ibanez emblems are done in chrome. It has a pup configuration of H/S/H and it does have the pup bezals. No pickgaurd and an edge tremolo. The hardware is done in a dark gray. I think it is above the 5 series as I used to have a 560. This seems a bit nicer. Any help or guesses would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
RG570 before they weant to the RG1570 designation. What is the first few digits on the back of the headstock?

Did it look like this silver one minus the aftermarket chrome pickguard I installed?

~Bones

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Yep, pup rings in cosmo. I liked my chrome guard better personally. I miss that guitar, she was a keeper that I let slip away along with the amber flame topped JC1608 above it on the couch.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I don't have the option to post pics so I will do my best to describe it. I don't have the guitar in front of me as I am at work. The guitar is pewter silver with Rosewood fretboard, dot inlays and black headstock. Also has the wizard 1 neck w/strip on the back of the neck. The headstock Ibanez emblems are done in chrome. It has a pup configuration of H/S/H and it does have the pup bezals. No pickgaurd and an edge tremolo. The hardware is done in a dark gray. I think it is above the 5 series as I used to have a 560. This seems a bit nicer. Any help or guesses would be appreciated.
Does it look like this?

If so, it's definitely an RG570GN (mine is a 2000 MIJ model).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking 570 but it seems someone told me it was a 7 series but I thought all those had shark tooth inlay. I will let you know the serial # when I get home. I was also told that it was a Japan model. Does your Ibanez have the chrome emblems?

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
It did have a chrome emblem. The RG570gn was a fairly common model for quite a few years and is still a top notch player IMHO. Your serial # will start with an F which means it was made in the Fujien factory in Japan. Very nice guitars with sweet necks.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Chao that is it. What does the GN stand for.
"Gunmetal" IIRC, I could be wrong. You can look up old catalogs on the main page of Jemsite or goto ibanezrules.com for more catalog pics.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I was thinking 570 but it seems someone told me it was a 7 series but I thought all those had shark tooth inlay. I will let you know the serial # when I get home. I was also told that it was a Japan model. Does your Ibanez have the chrome emblems?
Yep...shiny and sexy, it is...

Are the pups on yours as follows:
Bridge Hum = V8
Mid SC = S1
Neck Hum = V7
??

Is mine the same color as yours? It's very likely the same guitar (basically) if so. Original Edge in cosmo...cosmo tuners/knobs.

If your Serial number is something like "FXXXXXXX" the "F" is the Fujigen factory in Japan, the first two "X's" will be the year (example, "00" would be 2000", the last five "X's" will be the sequential number of production. So, "F0057841" (my serial number) would be a 2000 Fujigen-made guitar, #57841. At least, that's how I understand it.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
It did have a chrome emblem. The RG570gn was a fairly common model for quite a few years and is still a top notch player IMHO. Your serial # will start with an F which means it was made in the Fujien factory in Japan. Very nice guitars with sweet necks.
Yes...it's a very, very nice guitar...and a top notch player...and it does have a very, very sweet neck (original Wizard with bubinga strip).

As you can tell, it's my pride and joy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know it starts with a F so that all adds up. It is definantly a player. It is one of my mean guitars tuned to drop C. You can almost breath on it and play it the action is so low. EMG 81 in the neck and EMG 85 in the bridge with a SA in the middle. What do I have to do to get access to post pics?

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
You need a hosting site to upload your pics (photobucket.com works for me and it's free!). You copy the IMG code once you upload pics to your account and paste it in your post.

Goto one of the posts with a picture in it and hit "quote" and you can see the code.

~Bones

·
Registered
489 Posts
I know it starts with a F so that all adds up. It is definantly a player. It is one of my mean guitars tuned to drop C. You can almost breath on it and play it the action is so low. EMG 81 in the neck and EMG 85 in the bridge with a SA in the middle. What do I have to do to get access to post pics?
So yours isn't stock, obviously. Nice setup...EMG...not bad. I'm keeping mine stock, and saving the customization for my RG370 (I didn't pay very much for that one, so I don't mind swapping out the pups for, I don't know, EvoII's or something). My silver queen, though...she's staying stock for as long as possible. Best axe I've ever played.

As for pic posting, just go to Photobucket.com and open an account...it's free, and you can upload and "host" pics there, and it'll even put the pic URL's in "code" for you so you can quickly post them here (and other sites).
Glad to have a kindred spirit here...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep...shiny and sexy, it is...

Are the pups on yours as follows:
Bridge Hum = V8
Mid SC = S1
Neck Hum = V7
??

Is mine the same color as yours? It's very likely the same guitar (basically) if so. Original Edge in cosmo...cosmo tuners/knobs.

If your Serial number is something like "FXXXXXXX" the "F" is the Fujigen factory in Japan, the first two "X's" will be the year (example, "00" would be 2000", the last five "X's" will be the sequential number of production. So, "F0057841" (my serial number) would be a 2000 Fujigen-made guitar, #57841. At least, that's how I understand it.
It did until the EMG's were installed. Yes it does have the F. We have the same guitar. So RG570 it is which is what I originally thought until someone tried to tell me different.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hope this works.

S470 painted by a friend of mine

White 560 back in the long hair days lol

The 570 in question

Flames a buddy painted for me.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Congrats! You did it! What's your band name? If you have a myspace, there is a thread around here listing band and personal myspace addys if your interested.

~Bones

1 - 20 of 30 Posts