Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got some good news and some bad news. The good news is I've been hired for my brothers band(check 'em out: http://www.myspace.com/sickintentionsband)! Now the bad news. Unfortunately his drummer used to smoke pot with him and my parents found out so they've been trying to stop my bro from hanging out with him. So that may stop me from playing with them. What should I do? Please help!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hey bro, i've been in that situation before. My mom was wary of me being in bands for the longest time so it's kind of fitting that everyone smoked in my first band, and drank, and the drummer used meth, coke etc..... and mom found out and things got ugly.
not that the band couldn't function, we won contests and played lot's of successful shows.
It was really uncomfortable for me since i've never so much as held a cigarette.

I've been in different bands since then and i can say that when mom's happy, everyone can breathe easier.

If you want the band to work and to be in it i would try to persuade her that your involvement with the band and members is strictly business and if you are serious enough offer to take random drug tests if necessary.

best of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts