Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so
i have a broken trem (rusted, WONT stay in tune, thread gone on locking nut, saddles wont keep in place, its a shambles i tell ya!)
and as my christmas present i can order an ofr of ****:D
i need to know
should i get an r3 or r4?
and do i need an arming adjuster if i decide to rape the whammy?
i think the nut was like 43-44 mm long when i measured.

thanks

cam

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
Don't bother with trying to work out which OFR replacement you need, it's painful (been there, done that). Go and order an Ibanez replacement at your local Ibanez dealer. ;)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nooooo
i dont want a trs-2 they suck!!
i want to put an original floyd, no recessing, cavity fits none of that crap,
can someone please just tell me?

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
Were in my post did I say anything about getting a trs-2??? You asked about getting a locking nut, I said save your self the hassle and get the Ibanez one, NOTHING about a Lo-TRS2 :rolleyes:

Buying an Ibanez locking nut ensures that you have the right width nut with the right radius too.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not just talking bout the locking nut sorry:S
im also replacing the trem haha

so what ibanez trem can i get to replace it? and is it just a normal locking nut?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Floyd Rose locking nuts usually have a 10" radius(I think there's one out the with a 15"), you need like a 16-17" radius for an Ibanez. Gotoh makes a 43mm 16" nut, and a very nice Floyd that will fit your rout.

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
Yes get the Gotoh licensed Floyd Rose, awesome trem (plus cheaper than OFR, etc). Make sure you upgrade your existing studs too as the Gotoh ones are locking.

Gotoh make Ibanez Lo Pro Edge, Edge, and Edge Pro (as well as the Ibanez nuts from these era trems.

Get yourself the Ibanez branded one through your local Ibanez dealer as I mentioned (Ask for the Japanese one for a RG550, or maybe Prestige line RG1570, etc) in what ever colour you want to match the trem you go for.

The nut that comes with the Gotoh licenced Floyd Rose from memory is a 42mm, so a little short.

These guys are probably the cheapest in Australia for the Gotoh. A lot of other places are charging close to $300!
http://luthierssupplies.com.au/prod...d=953&osCsid=dbfc2be009fc65f2d0a8822b4766c8bb

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
Give me a valid reason for not wanting a Gotoh.....

As I've said Gotoh made the good Ibanez trems, Gotoh is cheaper than the OFR, etc, PLUS it has locking studs, AND it will fit LO-TRS II trem cavity. I'd say the Gotoh is better than OFR, and on par with Ibanez Edge, but hey - if you want to waste your parent's money go for it!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok

what gotoh is it and what will fit the neck?

+ what are locking studs?
are they like bridge posts

+ its my money

thx

cam-vai

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
ok

what gotoh is it and what will fit the neck?

+ what are locking studs?
are they like bridge posts

+ its my money

thx

cam-vai
I think you may be having trouble reading, have a look at my post again. I've given you a link for the trem, and advised that the Gotoh should fit your guitar's cavity, as well as advised you just to get the Japanese made Ibanez locking nut....

Yes get the Gotoh licensed Floyd Rose, awesome trem (plus cheaper than OFR, etc). Make sure you upgrade your existing studs too as the Gotoh ones are locking.

Gotoh make Ibanez Lo Pro Edge, Edge, and Edge Pro (as well as the Ibanez nuts from these era trems.

Get yourself the Ibanez branded one through your local Ibanez dealer as I mentioned (Ask for the Japanese one for a RG550, or maybe Prestige line RG1570, etc) in what ever colour you want to match the trem you go for.

The nut that comes with the Gotoh licenced Floyd Rose from memory is a 42mm, so a little short.

These guys are probably the cheapest in Australia for the Gotoh. A lot of other places are charging close to $300!
http://luthierssupplies.com.au/prod...d=953&osCsid=dbfc2be009fc65f2d0a8822b4766c8bb
Yes locking studs are the bridge posts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts