Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Satriani - Day at the beach

Learning it in small pieces between more shreddy stuff and writing. Mostly practicing sweeps though.

I would love to learn Hatebreeder by Children of Bodom, but it's above and beyond me for the most part.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
As many decades as it'll probably take me, I'm going to have a go at "Building a church" soon.

Oh and to keep me sane, something a little less crazy, maybe "Die to live"?

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
IF your talking covers - NONE! I've completely gotten away from playing things other people have written. I ONLY play/learn/write/practice my own songs now. Much more rewarding and fun. (to me anyway)

And to think my mum always told me I was different:)

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
I have learned alot from Joe Satriani's Surfing With The Alien and Flying In A Blue Dream (the only books I have of his).

Right at the moment though I am learning Lonely In The Night by Eric Johnson.

The solos in this song are intense and it's taking quite some time to nail it.

So far from the Venus Isle book, I have learned completely SRV, Manhattan, Camel's Night Out and Pavilion. I messed around a bit on Venus Isle (the solo). Eric Johnson is just too good.

I would really love to start learning some Tony MacAlpine songs, preferably everything from Premonition, Evolution and Chromaticity. 8)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
jem_fanatic said:
Pantera-Domination solo ;)
i was so annoyed at myself! i learnt that git of a solo then went on holiday and chickened outta takin my guitar with me in case of airport goons damaging it! 2 weeks of near zero playing time and i lose the finger strength for that fast hammer on sequence!
lesson:buy a cheap guitar to take with u on holiday that u can string up with some 12s so u come back and have EXTRA finger strength!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.