Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to know what trem is on this guitar. The guy who owns the guitar told me that it's an Ibanez RG220 that he bought new in 2002 from Guitar Center. I've seen RG220's at Guitar Center recently and they only have standard trems on them. He also said that it says "Licensed by Floyd Rose" on the trem, so I know that it's not an Original Floyd Rose. Any help that anyone can give me on this will be greatly appreciated.

Here's the link:

http://photos.yahoo.com/thegamemks02

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Thats one of the trs tremolo offshoots. That model originally would have had the single locking tremolo, same baseplate but the saddles dont have locking bolts in them. As far as quality break out the holy water and drop a wooden stake in that mofo. lol

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So is it the Lo-TRS or the Lo-TRS II? I figured it was probably one of them seeing as to how it's a little older and a low end model.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Its NOT an OFR, and its NOT a Schaller or Gotoh, and its NOT an Edge or Edge Pro.

Therefore - its not good.

·
Registered
138 Posts
tis some type of copy of the TRS or something such as that.. Looks like someone found a cheapy that worked and stuck it on there.. Agreed that it's not good!
Tim

·
Registered
882 Posts
Looks like the TRS 101, that was on a Pacifica I used to play. Worked alright, for a backup guitar, until it broke. Looked, and felt, like it was made out of aluminum. :lol: ;)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Come on, now. You guys are all taking guesses and I want to know for certain. What kind of double-locking trem was on the RG220 back in 2002 before they started putting those single locking floating trems that are currently on that model?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you much, Spiro. That does look like it and they do put those on their cheapo guitars now (or atleast the ones not in the US). Any idea what "ILT" stands for? Maybe something along the lines of "Intolerable Lo-TRS"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts