Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What tremolo arm parts do I need to order for an edge?

Hey, I got this 1989 Ibanez 540S ltd from a pawn shop, but it didn't come with the tremolo arm or the things that connect it to the floating bridge. It's an Edge Tremolo.

I want to do dive bombs zomg!! But I don't know what parts to buy from IbanezRulez.com. Plz help me out.

I think I have a complete list (based on http://www.ibanezrules.com/parts.htm#Trem Parts) but if I'm missing anything plz let me know. This is my first JEM.

Arm
TORQUE ADJUSTMENT SCREW CAP
Bushing (x1?)

Arm holder
Arm Holder Nut
?Arm Holder Cup? (what is this? and do I need it?)

·
Registered
412 Posts
It sounds like you only need the trem arm ?

Is the tremolo broken ?
If not just buy the trem arm.

Trem Arm Edge/Lo Pro/Edge Pro 2LE21B 15 $16.00

And one more think it's not a jem but it might be a gem ;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Most of the times only the the arm is missing, if it looks like this:

you probably only need a new arm. That's parts number 2LE2-1B (all Edge arms come in black). An Edge arm needs two bushings, but I believe those are included if you order a new one (although you can always order some extra replacement bushings, they're not that expensive and they do wear out eventually). Rich will probably know for sure if you mail him ;) You can also post pics here if you're not sure.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
From what you've said, you obviously need more than just the arm and bushings. It looks like you need the arm, nylon washers, arm holder, arm holder nut, arm holder spring, and the arm holder screw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts