Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of output jack the RG550 Genesis has?

Does anyone know? I'm filling out the form for the sustainer and there is this question. I don't know if it applies to my guitar where all the electronic are behind the pickguard

"Output jack type, open or barrel (we supply a TRS jack). If you have active pickups we supply a 9-pin jack.*Hint: Open jack has external mounting nut. Barrel jack has external flange."

What kind of output jack do you have (open or barrel style)? Each kit comes with a replacement jack (stereo) that replaces your existing guitar jack, in order to activate the Sustainiac battery when the guitar plug is inserted. To determine what style you have
I think is a BARREL output jack

·
Registered
315 Posts
Does anyone know? I'm filling out the form for the sustainer and there is this question. I don't know if it applies to my guitar where all the electronic are behind the pickguard

"Output jack type, open or barrel (we supply a TRS jack). If you have active pickups we supply a 9-pin jack.*Hint: Open jack has external mounting nut. Barrel jack has external flange."

What kind of output jack do you have (open or barrel style)? Each kit comes with a replacement jack (stereo) that replaces your existing guitar jack, in order to activate the Sustainiac battery when the guitar plug is inserted. To determine what style you have
I think is a BARREL output jack
I 'think' it's barrel alright, but I'm not 100% sure.

I have a Genesis too and am very interested in a sustainiac pup also.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I 'think' it's barrel alright, but I'm not 100% sure.

I have a Genesis too and am very interested in a sustainiac pup also.
installation is not easy, recommended to ship guitar to them lol but now i dont know if is worth, is probably going to be like $600 total after shipping back and forth

for that money i could easily buy one of those Schecter guitars with sustainers but i dont like active pickups

1 - 5 of 5 Posts