Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm replacing the pots and pickup selector switch in my RG550 since they're starting to go, and I'm wondering what type of 5 way switch I can or should use? Is a standard Fender 5 way compatible with HSH wiring or do I need to buy the special Ibanez one? And will a fender switch fit on my pickguard?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Hey all, I'm replacing the pots and pickup selector switch in my RG550 since they're starting to go, and I'm wondering what type of 5 way switch I can or should use? Is a standard Fender 5 way compatible with HSH wiring or do I need to buy the special Ibanez one? And will a fender switch fit on my pickguard?
if i remember right the fender 5 way switch fits one direction but not the other. There is a flatter side that has to go toward the outside of the guitar and the side with the spring goes toward the inside. It will do bridge - bridge middle- middle - middle neck- neck

https://www.stewmac.com/Pickups_and_Electronics/Components_and_Parts/CRL_5-way_Lever_Switch.html

there are a number of 5 way switches and most if not all should fit. if it is was an S series i'd be a little more concerned but you should have plenty of room in the 550.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if i remember right the fender 5 way switch fits one direction but not the other. There is a flatter side that has to go toward the outside of the guitar and the side with the spring goes toward the inside. It will do bridge - bridge middle- middle - middle neck- neck

https://www.stewmac.com/Pickups_and_Electronics/Components_and_Parts/CRL_5-way_Lever_Switch.html

there are a number of 5 way switches and most if not all should fit. if it is was an S series i'd be a little more concerned but you should have plenty of room in the 550.
Great, thanks! DO you happen to know if these RG knobs will fit on a normal pot like a CTS or Seymour Duncan? Or is there like metric size knobs? They look like normal strat knobs to me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts