Ibanez JEM Forum banner

41 - 60 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Keep it coming everyone! Everything sounds great and a few of the subject are being explored and being done for the near future!!!!!

Peace

A

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ibanez' appeal for me has always been the whammy bar. They are the best, so I think it would be wise bring back the locking posts.

I'd like to see a non-signature (moderately priced) 7 string with a mahogany body, full fretboard markers and stock EMGs. No fancy inlays or anything that would raise the price too much, just a killer player's axe.

·
Registered
140 Posts
darren wilson said:
I would like to underscore Frank's point by saying this:

+ a billion

More high-end models outside of the RG and Signature lines. (A high-end Destroyer would rule, maple top, of course, as would a few more killer S Series [SC-1620, S-3040, etc...]!) More variety in fretboard and body woods in every model line. (I love Ibanez, but I don't freaking like rosewood.) More 24.75" guitars. Reverse headstocks. More neck profiles. Oiled necks. More finishes and pickup configurations. Which leads me to... a Custom Shop. They would have me broke in a few hours. No joke. Heck, I even have my own body design that I've been wanting them to make for me for a couple years.

"unaffiliated" MIJ jazz guitars
540PII
Proline (or at least that body shape)
Rocket Roll
Radius
DT-350 (X Series body shape)
Maxxas
Artfields (The AFD45 and the "boutique"-looking models)
Assorted "weird" and/or "experimental" guitars
SB1500 (or something similar)

·
Registered
813 Posts
I would like to see angled input jacks(jem, js) standard on all rg-based body styles.Its a very practical and musican freindly idea.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I must concur with the locking studs. Maybe a non low profile version of the Edge Pro (for those of us who prefer the original Edge)

I'd like to see the return of the RG750, but with the AANJ. That is the only thing they lack... They could call it a RG2750 now - I like having the pickguard.

·
Registered
680 Posts
btweensunandmoon said:
Now I am approaching thirty and my tastes in guitars are evolving. I no longer look for the solid colors, the sparkle colors, plain old basswood bodies or rosewood fretboards. I want sunburst, and transparent finishes, carved tops, 2 piece bodies, different woods, and just things overall that just speak high quality and a passion for ones art.
Thankfully, I'm not the only one that thinks like that.(although I'm creeping up on 32 :( ) I was starting to think that there was something wrong with myself.:wink: I remember the day when I thought the UVMC was the "be all, end all" of guitars.

Anyway, I'd like to see something just like the UVPBK only with a nice trans-black top over some sweet maple(headstock too) and an XL scale length. :twisted: They can lose the pyramid inlay on the body though. :?

Oh yeah, more pick-up options too. I'm not a big DiMarzio fan.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I would like to thank everyone for the input and opinions. I really do appreciate them all. I have made copies of all post and I am putting together in a binder form to give to everyone in Germany to discuss these important matters.

I agree that they need more colors, I also agree they need to bring back the locking studs. It isn;t fair that us endorsees can get them on their guitars with the new trems. The only thing I don't see happening is a public custom shop. But I will present all post at this meeting and once I get back in early april, I will put a post up letting you all know the out come. THank you again and have a wonderful evening!!!!!

YBFAM

A

·
Registered
82 Posts
More options in the mid to high end RG series would be cool. I'm a big fan of the 3120.
I still can't believe they did away with that axe. it's one of my favorites.
Heck, I wish I could get it in some different finishes, and a Hardtail version would be cool aswell. Ibanez should really try hard to offer guitars
in more than one or 2 colors per model.

A semi custom shop would be sweet. Ordering a high end RG with several choices of wood construction, Lots of finishes- even pickup choices, bridge choices and optional piezo would be way cool. Someone mentioned like Anderson.....that would be cool. Hell, I'd already own an Anderson if I could get a 24 fret neck and AANJ.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Ibanez should make a deal with Dimarzio where you get an RG without pickups, and a voucher for the Dimarzio pickups of your choice to be installed at the point of sale *LOL* Just kidding, that's probably not viable.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i would like to see a couple things first the jem 7vwh, i think that it is just too expensive for what it is, now given its totally gorgious and steve vai's name is attached to it since its a jem, but $1200 for a bolt-on neck guitar? come on man i got my custom shop jackson for 1000(that was with some connections though...ill shut up about that though)

next a baritone with a floyd rose-pref. an edge

finally i agree with a production 8 string!

and access to the custom shop to the public!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
lo Andy, Firstly just like to say i've listened to a few bits and pieces and your a great player, Keep up the good work

I'm a simple guy, And i'd really like to see more natural wood in the line up, Quilted and Flamed tops etc, J-Customs available to all :)

I'm not sure about the Custom Shop being available to the Public idea, But definately more colour/finishing options available ... BRING BACK LOCKING STUDS ;-)

And a Maple fretboard 7 string would be nice as well, 27 scale if it's a possibility

More over, i'll echo most people, and just get the QC issues sorted to the level we all know Ibanez are capable of

Take it easy and have a great day

Rob

·
Registered
395 Posts
Heres a list of what would make me buy more NEW Ibanez guitars:
-Non-low profile Edge. I am sure that way it would feel more like the old edge and would keep a lot of us who are complaining about the new trems happy :lol: along with better tuning stability.

-A choice of tremolo/bridge on any non-artist guitar. I mean I would love a RG3120 with a fixed bridge. OR a RG1520 with a ZR trem. I think it should be as much of an option as the colour, then it would keep all use Nez fans happy!!

-Radii (notice in plural :wink: ) We need the whole line back at many price points. Ibanez may think we want cheaper JS' but if they stick with the normal S/RG series necks this will be stopped.

-Thicker necks/more options on neck size. If I play my super wizard for more too long my hands ache. Some of us big handed people need thicker and Ibanez are keeping themselves boxed in a corner if they only cater for those with thin necked tastes.

-Different pickup arrangements such as 1 hum, SSH, HH (both near the bridge), SSS e.t.c.

-Fretboards. At present in the UK only one model in the WHOLE current line has a maple fretboard. Although the PGM is coming out that is only 2!! out of about 65!!! Also the amount of Ebony boards is getting lower too :cry:

The overall comment I think Ibanez should hear is VARIETY!! It won't only please the buying/general public it will sure as hell help out Ibanez, think about it. There are loads of Jackson fans who could be swayed over into Ibanez country if there are SSH options and many colours. Also this will make millions fall in love with Ibanez again, knowing that there beat up falling apart radius can stay in that condition because new ones are availible.

:twisted:

41 - 60 of 238 Posts