Ibanez JEM Forum banner

81 - 100 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Re: OK, here it is

badger6 said:
Have any of these suggestions in this whole thread made it to production? NOT!
Andy met Hoshino heads to bring them our wish-list on last April: how could they've been turning it into reality 3 months? be realistic, plz.

hey andy, any news out there?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would like to see back the SC models.

Ibanez made great steps for people who need really light guitars, but stopping the SC line was a step backwards.

·
Registered
291 Posts
After getting my 7620's studs working right (thx rich), i must say. BRING THEM BACK. I'm gonna get the mod on my 1527 as soon as i can.

·
Registered
277 Posts
-Locking studs (Noticed I'm not the 1st person to mention this..)

-Get rid of the Powersound pickups!!!!
I was tempted to a buy a new S w/ the new trem but knowing I was gonna have to drop another $100+ on top of the price of the guitar for useable pickups pretty much killed that idea.
I know I'm not the only one who thought that.

-Better variety of 7's.
Maple board 7 strings, more color options.

And last but not least....

A free Jem/Uni & trip to Vai's house for everyone with more than 6 Ibanez guitars??? :lol:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Shakma!! said:
BlueGrot said:
A 7-string XL stop-tail guitar. Yay.
RG7421XL?
They had those at Music 123 a few months ago, but they sold out of the last of them really quick
Yeah, I just visited this thread to mention that I found one in the 2002 catalogue.

But I`d like a higher end version, like RG7621XL?

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
How about an affordable guitar with an onboard midi pickup? The BMC guitars are very much a bargain, but they reach a small audience and are still in the $1k+ realm. That's out of reach for most people who would like to use one. I don't see why it couldn't be done in the $700-800 range or maybe slightly less.

Normally I'd think that's an absurd request... but so many bands (even pop bands) are using a lot of synths and sampled drums now. I'm noticing some pretty out there guitar sounds slowly coming in to the mix. I think that a usable midi guitar could have a place in the future. Of course, I could just be crazy, which is often true.

·
Registered
868 Posts
More maple boards! I love the stuff yet there are only one or 2 models with it on... A maple board 7 would be nice too :wink:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Andy, love your music/guitar playing by the way!

I would love to see a fixed bridge model of the RG Arch-1, string through body, TonePros tune-o-matic bridge, mahog body, ebony fretboard but not with the gold binding(so to keep costs down). Colours in Black, Candy Apple Red with matching headstock and with white binding around the fingerboard and headstock as well. Also no inlays and Dimarzio pickups.

This will probably never happen but you never know dreams may come true!

Thanks Andy, take care and I hope to see you play some day(come to Australia, you would love it here!)

Warm regards
Sean

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I'm with Darren bring back the Radius line!! You have the RG line which is basically support the Jem/PGM lines why not have the Radius??

If we want a brand new Radius type guitar were stuck with JS models, and there all based off what Joe Satriani wants not the public! I know for a fact there are alot of people here who would jump all over the chance to have a brand spankin new Radius myself included!!

Thank you.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Scott 74 said:
I'm with Darren bring back the Radius line!! You have the RG line which is basically support the Jem/PGM lines why not have the Radius??

If we want a brand new Radius type guitar were stuck with JS models, and there all based off what Joe Satriani wants not the public! I know for a fact there are alot of people here who would jump all over the chance to have a brand spankin new Radius myself included!!

Thank you.
Great idea!!! Maybe then they will finally make a lefty version.

Regards

André

·
Registered
623 Posts
Scott 74 said:
Ditto. I'm a small guy and the RG / Jem body is a little bulkier than I'd like. If there was a Radius with 24 frets, AANJ, and direct mounted pickups, I'd buy it in a second. In fact, I'd get two. One with tremolo and one with a fixed bridge.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Mr Martin bonjour!

I would like to see modern electonics like TBX tone knobs or active electronics (which of course would mean Ibanez using EMG pickups!) and of course why can't they follow Jackson and put the legendary sustainer on the JEM's or maybe a new RG5xx range?

Better range of colours, gray, black and blue don't ring my bell and certainly don't smell of originality. Lets have greens and pearls, and purple sunbursts currently buying an Ibanez is like buying a BMW they all look the same!

The original Wizard neck on more models please! Can we PLEASE go back to having the TOL inlay ONLY on the JEM's?

Optional HSH or SSH pickup combinations, more ebony fingerboards, more QUALITY custom guitars that look and feel NOTICEABLY different from the stock models, more outlandish paint jobs like on the US series.

Optional push in or screw thread trem arms, coil taps and the ability to set the intonation on the trem without having to strip the guitar of strings first, I mean heck guys Kahler managed it! :)

81 - 100 of 238 Posts