Ibanez JEM Forum banner

121 - 140 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Well I definitely agree with everyone about bring back the locking studs. Making a quality guitar for a good price is what made Ibanez so attractive to me. But the thing that I'd like to see more so than anything else would be an RG with the ZR trem. Putting piezos with the ZR and making a 7 string version for the US all sound like great ideas, but from a business standpoint NOT putting the ZR on atleast ONE RG is just a waste. I tell you, if they put the ZR trem on one RG guitar (whether it be basswood or mahogany, bolt on or set neck) with atleast dual humbuckers on it in black it would out-sell the entire S series combined.

The main argument against this, of course, is that by doing so you would kill the sales of the S series. But the thing is, the S series just isn't very versatile anymore. It has no real variety at all and the only real good thing that it has going for it is the ZR trem right now. Hell, if they'd stick a 24 fret neck on an S I'd definitely buy that as well. But from a monetary standpoint, I would think it cheaper to stick the ZR on an RG. My dream guitar would be an RG370DX (in black just to keep it simple) with a mahogany body and the ZR trem. It could even have crappy powersound pickups and I would STILL pay like $500 for it because changing the pickups is EASILY DONE as opposed to re-routing the entire guitar to put in a trem that actually stays in tune.

Oh, and I do think that it would be really cool if you were able to order guitars from other countries' catelogs or websites through your local Ibanez dealer. I think it would actually be cost-effective for Ibanez to do that because plenty of people would be willing to wait 3 months and pay a little extra for a guitar if it's much much MUCH closer to what they really want.

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Id like to see them make a GOOD Destroyer like in the late 70s/early 80s
nice abalone block inlays, flame top, SET NECK.
In fact more set necks and hard tails in general, thats why I have only 1 Ibanez left in my collection.

·
Registered
623 Posts
elcid said:
Id like to see them make a GOOD Destroyer like in the late 70s/early 80s
Yes! I remember reading in an interview where Eddie said that he used a korina wood Destroyer on Women and Children First. Then he ruined it by taking a big chunk out of the body. :(

I'd love to see a high end Destroyer. And an Iceman, for that matter.

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
I had a Beautiful one, nice tiger flame maple top, cherry sunburst,.. that I stupidly let go when I was younger for almost nothing. It had a Kahler and I took it off adn replaced it with a T-O-M and stop bar so there was a big hole in it, I was anxious to get something else so I traded her. I still have pics and video of her though.

·
Registered
300 Posts
i would like to see an ibanez custom shop.. straight up! anything you want, your choice 100%, just like that online quote form Jackson has or something along those lines would be awesome.

Basically, everyone elses ideas were awesome so everything everyone said, Ibanez should do it! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Guitar :

- Block stop or ZR system available
- Guitar Parts and replacement easy to find
- Body : Cavity deeper to install new pickups cf : Seymour duncan .. cuz need routing and new shielding paint :(
- Neck : Possibility to find fingerboard different than rosewood : maple/ebony
- more pickguard from factory, more RG 7 with pickguard
- an AS 200 new
- RG hollowbody ... Why not ?

Pedal :
- a TS808 with a true bypass from factory

Customer service :

- Parts Parts Parts ....
- Parts on the web : musician friend etc... ez to find ez to pay ...

and finally
this :

and more with a different necks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd like to see more options, as in each series, I'd like to be able to select the model and the paint job, instead of liking the guitar and finding out it only comes in a color I don't like. also...I'd like to be able to select things like the pickups.

some guitar companies have fewer models to each section, but more options, levels in some cases.

as in the 500$ version of the Rg123 comes stock with the basics,
and if you want to spend 1000$ you can get the same guitar with better pickups etc,
and so on

just something to consider...I don't know how well it would work out seeing as how the factory is in japan but its something to consider.

also have you guys at ibanez heard of the tremol-no?

it would be great for ibanez to get the manufacturing contract for it.

its similar to the backstop, but you'll have to read about it

at

www.Tremol-no.com

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would like to see a custom shop, that lets you choose every preference for your guitar. I would like to see a nice new lineup or 7 string models. I would like to see them take away the k7 since head is gone and Give Munky his own signature 7 string for a reasonable price so I could buy it.lol, theres my list

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
tofgangxxl said:
Guitar :

- Body : Cavity deeper to install new pickups cf : Seymour duncan .. cuz need routing and new shielding paint :(
- an AS 200 new

Pedal :

Customer service :

- Parts Parts Parts ....

and finally
this :

MAN that thing is sweet, got a better angle of it :).

Regards

André

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
tofgangxxl said:
Guitar :

- an AS 200 new

Pedal :

Customer service :

- Parts Parts Parts ....

and finally
this :

Dude, that IS sweet. ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
In My opinion, (and I am a professional guitarist), I would love to see a sustainer equipped Jem, and a 6 string version of the Universe. that would be really cool. I have also discussed this with many of my buddies, and they seem to agree.

·
Registered
89 Posts
seems like a nice guitar, word of advice if you want it to be a GREAT guitar: Get that piece of TOTAL CRAP Lo TRS or TRS ll Tremlo off of there. (unless you dont use the tremlo) but if you do, your wasting a good guitar with that crappy tremlo on it.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
1. bring back the 540 P II, at least for limited run only.
2. sign back John Petrucci and let him design whatever he wants
3. a custom shop would be nice..if not possible a semi custom shop like jacksonstars did.
4. more radical shape...did I mention 'V' shape?
5. seymour duncan pickups on high end RG.
6. I can go all day long here , but I think that's all for now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Andy,

I run Rotosound's US office here in L.A. I LOVE Ibanez guitars...been a FREAK for 'em since the mid 70's. If you're going to the Indy NAMM show, stop by and say hello at booth 2204!

I'd like to see:

The RG 565 reissued.

RG's available with fatter neck options, Ebony fingerboards,
Ash bodies, reverse headstocks and 22 fret necks.

Bring back the Edge & Lo Pro Edge trems.

Artist series expanded (Ebony board, locking trem version would be my dream come true.)

A full blown custom shop

Thanks for asking!

Johnny

121 - 140 of 238 Posts