Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was going thru all my old vinyl and came across my copy of Vinnie Vincent Invasion and All Systems Go and it got me wonderin' what happened to Vinnie Vincent. It's like he dropped off the face of the earth. Anyone have any info?

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Yep--nobody wants to work with him. Funny that he was getting set up with an Ed Roman signature guitar, and even Ed dropped him. Now that's calling the kettle black...

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
I know very little about him at all, but I heard some "recent" music, and while being insanely fast, it was at least slightly interesting. :D

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Funny thing about Vinnie being "fast", is that he wasn"t at all. Several folks that worked with him have spilled the beans about Vinnie.......wait for it..................wait for it.....................sped up the tracks to appear faster than he really was--Gasp!

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
I still love the fact that his entire band, the Invasion part, left him in the middle of the night ON TOUR--to form Slaughter!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Funny thing about Vinnie being "fast", is that he wasn"t at all. Several folks that worked with him have spilled the beans about Vinnie.......wait for it..................wait for it.....................sped up the tracks to appear faster than he really was--Gasp!
I'm not sure what I have heard, but I think it was something recent - think 2005-2010ish. Hybridpicked, and his "own scale". That's just about all I know. Still it could be sped up. :) Even Vai has done that, so it's accepted. ;)

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
ALL of his lighting-fast leads were sped up, ALL of them! It's accepted if you're doing it sparingly in context of the rest of the music, as in creating an abnormal emphasis--not EVERY stinking lead. He did it for the wrong reason--a technology based method of keeping up with the "real" 80s shredders.

·
Registered
148 Posts
ALL of his lighting-fast leads were sped up, ALL of them! It's accepted if you're doing it sparingly in context of the rest of the music, as in creating an abnormal emphasis--not EVERY stinking lead. He did it for the wrong reason--a technology based method of keeping up with the "real" 80s shredders.
He's too busy bringing kiss to court every other day to get the practice in :mrgreen:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I found an interview online with Bobby Rock who was the drummer back in the VVI days. He says that NONE of the rumors are true about Vinnie speeding up the tracks. He says that if you watch Vinnie's lesson video you can see that he uses his pick and 2 fingers on his right hand when playing. Now considering how much he detests Vinnie I don't see him saying that if it wasn't true. Granted, the guy does come off as an a-hole tho!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts